ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any one could recommend some good brands for sliding/protective pads.

Cheers

Tags: Pads

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Without a doubt 187 pads are the best for our type of skating. Give Ado at Cre8ive a call, he is usually the only person to stock these
Boardshop has both knee and elbow 187 pads fully stocked at the moment.

Robbo said:
Without a doubt 187 pads are the best for our type of skating. Give Ado at Cre8ive a call, he is usually the only person to stock these
hit up the early skateboard site
their pads looked awesome, i will definitely be getting a set
Primate are solid, Pro designed worth a look too. Personally if you got the cash, track down some primates if you can, locally made by a top bloke
Primates and pro designed are good for vert, but are a bit chunky for sliding
I'm familiar with the pro-designed pads (I have the elbows, and have seen many pairs of the knees). Like Robbo says, they're designed for vert/bowl skating, where you're falling straight down from a great height, and need heaps of padding.

For downhill/sliding you don't need much padding cos you're never falling from any height. The main feature you need is for the pad to stay in place when it hits the road. Big padding just gets in the way and makes it more likely for the pad to snag on the road and get dragged out of place.
Hey guys, looking for anyone who has ridden with the new early skateboards knee/elbow pads or slide gloves.... i am thinking of purchasing them but dont now much about them, thanks
Since they are made for a downhil company they are probably a good choice, design wise.

They look awesome as well so it's really a win win

Dan Mactaggart said:
Hey guys, looking for anyone who has ridden with the new early skateboards knee/elbow pads or slide gloves.... i am thinking of purchasing them but dont now much about them, thanks
find the user jeremy rodgers on here and talk to him about them, being the owner of early skateboards he can probably tell u more about the pads then many others
nice guy too

Dan Mactaggart said:
jacko use's them !!! in heaps of his pictures you see him wearing the gloves ;)
they would be my choise manly because there aussie !

Dan Mactaggart said:
For elbows my advice is look for DH mtn bike ones on ebay. 3 vecro straps and elbow to wrist protection. I've had skate style elbow pads come off in 0.1 sec when you go down! They look the goods when you ride but come off to easily when you stack.
Having said that, once you learn to use your gloves properly 9 times out of 10 you won't need to rely on pads so much.
Gloves are your best friend for safety.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service