ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I was just wondering if pulling off a mongo foot brake is any harder/more dangerous then doing a normal foot brake.

The reason I am asking this is because i am having trouble foot braking at high speeds, and i feel really off balance when i begin to take my foot off.

I am aware that it is probably just me being a pussy and simply putting of learning to do it at high speeds, but anyway, it never hurts to ask.

Also If anyone could give any footbrake tips that would be appreciated

Tags: footbrake, help, learn, saftey, slow, stop, tips

Views: 583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a mongo skater I would reccomend to learn how to brake regular. It really is much easier and a whole lot safer at speed.
I am already half decent at slides, the only real reason I want to learn to foot brake is because I am sick of conning my wheels over.

leeso said:
footbrake is dead learn to slide.. :)
i am a mongo foot breaker and i got no issues going stand up foot break at 70 no issues, brazilian is sketchy to learn but i am getting there i reckon its faster and the easiest way to go vs up right mongo break. If you have always pushed mongo and its more comfortable to break that way for you then go for it, otherwise learn to break regular
yeah mate thats for sure...i still footbrake heaps it all comes down to the road and the siuation..i was following guys o/s and they were slidding where i was footbraking and i wasnt loosing any distance then other corners they could brake later and saty in there tuck with slidding and i was getting left behind, so both skills are a must have...

Alex said:
I am already half decent at slides, the only real reason I want to learn to foot brake is because I am sick of conning my wheels over.

leeso said:
I'm fairly new to this footbraking business myself, Though being Goofy it's not been a problem too much,
Robbo has loaned me a wedge of old mags which I've been reading since seeing this thread this morning,
most of it has already been said, but there is a bit more info here(that I found useful/ reinforcing), and you can save it to your desktop ,)

buy retro........

Alex said:

leeso said:
I'm in the middle of this process myself - wish to christ someone had told me back when both felt wrong.
Being able to push/brake both ways is sick and definately something I'd recommend to anyone.

I'm running kinda fragged shoes at the moment, forces me to use my back-foot on my commute.
It's actually getting easier at an alarming rate now that I'm getting used to it, shouldn't take too long
and it will feel as weird as mongo braking - then hopefully feel better.
should learn....% of care? dunno....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service