ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Does anyone know if you can take boards as hand luggage?

I'd take my smallest one, which is a 29"....

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I carried my hellcat through from San francisco to Vegas and LA to Sydney, you just have to have it rapped up, take your trucks off and be prepared to be asked about it alot.
on domestic flights they will not allow it here, we throw our boards in a board bag or tape them together wrapped in a old towel or sheet and they go under the plane
was stopped at syd & told skate wheels & trucks were restricted items lol , wasn't allowed carry on , but was on the way there ???? pack it to be safe they charged me $100 for the extra bag
I think I can get past security on the flight over only because I know most of the security check guys, but don't want to get stuck having to leave my board on the way back!

So do you guys think I just take off the trucks, chuck them in my bag, and then just carry the deck seperately?
im sure you could fit a 29" deck in your suitcase
Why dont you ask your security guard mates? They should know whats allowed and whats not.
I would have Dani, but my phone got stolen AGAIN. (My phone's been stolen 3 times in the last month!), so I have no way to contact them, unless I drive to the airport, which is 30 minutes out of the way!
I'll just get a big big and throw it in there with the rest of my stuff I guess.
stolen 3 times in a month
whats karma punishing u for lol

Cameron Chin said:
I would have Dani, but my phone got stolen AGAIN. (My phone's been stolen 3 times in the last month!), so I have no way to contact them, unless I drive to the airport, which is 30 minutes out of the way!
I'll just get a big big and throw it in there with the rest of my stuff I guess.
Terrible isn't it!? If there is such thing as Karma, I'm getting totally screwed lol
yeah just get a big bag which you can fit everything in and have a carry on backpack for your helmet. you don't want that getting thrown around.
Totally second what leigh says here.
I packed my helmet what I thought was safe in my baggage a few yrs ago.
Visor cracked majorly in transit.

leighgriffiths said:
and have a carry on backpack for your helmet. you don't want that getting thrown around.
i know a guy who was heading overseas with two mates to go for a race/holiday...then ended up getting bubble wrap and buying a bike box, threw all there boards in there, put there trucks/wheels leathers etc in the suitcases and carried their helmets on in a back pack...

apparently it only cost them ( div. by 3) like 30 or 40 dollars each....could be worth looking into....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service