ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Lets get an ASRA newsletter out there promoting our sport/lifestyle, upcoming events, Bathurst 09!!!!! We have a nationwide team of distributors/asra members to drop it of to skate,surf,outdoor,music stores etc ...

LETS GET NOTICED

What would people like too see in it?????

Views: 124

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

possibly make it a quarterly newsletter (i.e. 4 editions a year) depending on how much stuff you have for it.
would be better off making 4 decent publications a year rater than 12 average ones. thats my opinion anyway.
ITS A MUST ! POSTERS at local skateshops advertising ASRA events ie coneheads cup ,world champs and australian downhill events . The general skate comunity needs to be more aware of whats going on outside skateparks , PUT the posters out advertising the news letter and ASRA memberships . OUR members here always do a great job with comp flyers but they are rearly seen outside these web pages .
Articles on New products ,reveiws on equipment , Profiles on riders and teams and lots of great photos !! advertising on shops and companies here in oz as well as overseas . Up dates on events and the world cup results .
Many people dont have internet or still dont know we are here ,ASRA is the future for skateboarding !
mic, what did you have in mind ? a four or eight printed page A3 or A4 newsletter or a full fledged magazine?
pete hill said:
mic, what did you have in mind ? a four or eight printed page A3 or A4 newsletter or a full fledged magazine?
A 4-8 page monthly newsletter is achievable at this stage or a slightly bigger quarterly. All these ideas are great but we don't have the cash or time to publish a full magazine rivaling concrete wave. We just want shops, companies and organisations to know whats going on in our world and to give some exposure to current and up and coming riders to assist them in getting sponsors and maybe expose some good Australian manufacturers
Interviews, Skate Crew's , Races, Heaps of pics and a poster, Good web sites to find cheap flights, car hire, accom info etc for up and coming races...., Where to skate? Skate park info, maybe a sequence per letter of how to do a corner, slide, drift, tuck and something about safety, etc..., comps to win stuff and more stuff...... Articles of road trips, happy and disaster, whats new, sponsors adds and.... am I asking for to much????
In the end I will still get it no matter what is in it ? I would buy woman's day if it had an article of downhill skating in it.....
make it decent though. cos people will purchase it if it looks legit....oh and maybe chuck in a dvd (you know how surf magazines do)
Sounds good Steve, we need to make sure we make enough of them for the 300 or so ASRA staff to read while they waste our hard earned member dollars gazing at the view from they're top floor digs overlooking Darling Harbour.lol

nedd0
Not looking to put a price on it mate, just a small newsletter.
Profiles Of Pros Or Even Local Hero's Of The Nation As This Is Australian And Perhaps Internationals.
Arent you already a regular subsciber to womens day Steve?

Yeah I was just suggesting ASRA get a low cost regular simple newsletter out to the mainstream to help grow the sport.

Pete's offer sounds good, I m only a member, this is really something for the ASRA BOARD to nut out what will finally happen with hopefully a lot of good input / advice from all of us.
this newsletter sounds awesome, not only would i want a copy myself but ive got heaps of mates skaters and nonskaters that would be keen on having a read about downhill. i like all the ideas that people are throwing around especially profiles or news from each state.
rider profiles,
board reviews,
skate spots,
i was thinking we should do hill reveiws
but if we are putting are favourite hills in the public eye.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service