ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Comet did it with the FSM, now its ASRAs turn to build a cummunity designed board.

The idea of this project is to design a communal mold, something that most people are happy with, whether it be a rockered freeride or topmount speedboard, whatever, then to build custom longboards to your specs from that mold. This means custom shape, flex (if any), wb, width, mounting option, graphics, the whole package.

So go crazy, talk about what works, what you'd like, and hopefully everyone can decide on a final design for the mold which will be produced.

Include;
-concave shape (flatcave, wavecave, W-cave, toecutter etc.)
-amount of concave (?mm)
-rocker/camber/flat, footpockets, wedging
-anything else you can think of, just go crazy, I'll tell you if its not possible

The final product will be for sale, in around 4-5 weeks time (after the design proccess etc) and you will be able to order a completely customized board from this mold. The more buyers, the cheaper the boards, though at the moment the price will be around $100 - $120 for a woody.

There will also be an option to buy an uncut blank form the mold, if that tickles you fancy

Just to give you some ideas, heres some picks from my latest mold

Help design your dream board....

Tags: DIY, board, build, built, community, custom, longboards

Views: 1100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats pretty awesome!
wish i was the 1st 1 to think of it tho...hahahah

Fitz said:

anouther thought...if the front is a vertical cut off and the back is tampered off, you could intergrate a footstop at the front which could be left or right footed...eg pic i drew up to explain...once again just throwing it out there...
Attachments:
sweet idea mate.

there's not enough love for top-mounts here haha, i love them.

but W-concave, approx 10mm, dropped 1", and in terms of anything else, i'm really not sure because i haven't skated foot-pockets or wedges etc.

cheers mate :)
me neither but im in the process of buying (begging parents 4) a rayne demonseed, but i just liked the idea of a drop through thats almost as low as a drop down... foot pocket idea just came to me out of nowhere....

David Evans said:
sweet idea mate.

there's not enough love for top-mounts here haha, i love them.

but W-concave, approx 10mm, dropped 1", and in terms of anything else, i'm really not sure because i haven't skated foot-pockets or wedges etc.

cheers mate :)
jessa, you do know that your gonna have to look up getting some veneer, because prelam ply is a real letdown after a few months of riding.......
fitz, sow us the rest of that board, now youve got me interested...:)
who uses indys anyway?

sean meaney said:
interestnig idea, it would mean you could have awesome little pockets on the nose and tail, i would be worried about rail bite and it limiting what trucks you can use (ie indys might be too low)

matti rae said:
im new 2 downhill so this mite not work or even make sense....but alot of people hav been wanting a dropdown design, but rather than limiting your specs... try a drop thru with more layers(or thicker) at each end where the trucks sit...giving a lower profile and the feeling of a dropdown... but i dont know whether that would work im just thinking out of the box a bit.....
yeah, it doesn't have to be as fancy as the one that fitz posted, you can just jack it up with a cut out shock pad, or, if you want it built in thats possible, BC Longboards in America has something like that, though with just a rectangle of wood glued where the truck sits

matti rae said:
im new 2 downhill so this mite not work or even make sense....but alot of people hav been wanting a dropdown design, but rather than limiting your specs... try a drop thru with more layers(or thicker) at each end where the trucks sit...giving a lower profile and the feeling of a dropdown... but i dont know whether that would work im just thinking out of the box a bit.....
i know a couple of guys who ride them.....(realises who said guys are) you make a valid point, i would rather have a sick design that can only run reverse KP trucks then something that wasnt as good but couldnt run indys on it.

Michael English said:
who uses indys anyway?

sean meaney said:
interestnig idea, it would mean you could have awesome little pockets on the nose and tail, i would be worried about rail bite and it limiting what trucks you can use (ie indys might be too low)

matti rae said:
Kracked Skulls also do it, its a nice touch, you can pull these off the board and modify the drop through holes on the bottom so you can run it with out the pads as well, would be a good idea to offer it with these sorta pads that you can use as a pocket on the board as well as lowering it, if you could make a blank that you could use as nearly anything that would be sick.

Jezza said:
yeah, it doesn't have to be as fancy as the one that fitz posted, you can just jack it up with a cut out shock pad, or, if you want it built in thats possible, BC Longboards in America has something like that, though with just a rectangle of wood glued where the truck sits

matti rae said:
realy keen 2 get my hands on one of these boards now....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service