ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hi guys, im after a downhill and sliding wheel for the rayne nemesis.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wasn't having a go, I was really just mocking the 'IMO" phrase, and how you can say anything and be covered because it is "your opinion".

stephen.mhsrider said:
sure, go for the otangs if you like them but don't be afraid to try something different just because they aren't the most popular wheel.
round 1.... FIGHT!
sorry if i came off as a dick..just testy of hearing kids going
"OTANGS ARE THE BEST, THEY ARE ON MY DEVISH"etc etc etc
sorry if i was out of line
most guys i know run o-tangs and i personally think they are not worth the hype, personally i ride zigs because they grip better in my oppinion, the slide is not as smooth but i think the thane has more rebound as well which is better for racing. I aint saying dont buy o-tangs but dont just buy o-tangs cos everyone else is, personally for you man i would say check out some freebord slashers (the most under rated free ride wheel on earth) they are fast, big, thane is seccond to none in terms of how it wears out, they have a lot of grip compared to other freeride wheels and have one of the smoothest drifts you can ask for, they are a nice wheel to slide but lend themselves to more of a dh drifting rideing style as opposed to a check sliding 'dervish' style of riding, on a nemesis they are going to be a great wheel for abit of DH riding if you want to predrift and slide through your turns like butter
try some monster Mini Hawgs.... yate dawg loves those and rips em all day and night

just throwing another brand out there to confuse you mwahahaha
There are so many good wheels out there. The winner of Newton's was on S9 wheels last year, so we know they are fast.
Orangatang make great wheels. Their marketing is supporting the Australian market. From day one, Loaded have contributed to sponsorship of events and skaters. In Oz, we appreciate that.
Sector9 is owned by Billabong, an Australian company. They have repeatedly told ASRA this year they have no money. Poor Sector9 and Billabong. They are really struggling, their latest profit report this week showed profit down 10%. So they will make 2009 fiscal year $151 million dollars net profit. That is net, so after all expenses. That is $500,000 a day!
So $2000 is a tough call for the suits to give to a non profit community organised event bringing a world championship event to Australia.

Looks like teh suits who run Sector9 are saying, we are not racing. We are a surf company. Which is fine. We have brands like Landyachtz, Rayne, Early, Loaded that support us, and we support them.
Personally, I would not buy Sector9 purely because they dont support us.
actually Erik won on Seismic wheels last year... he also won the 2007 world cup championships on siesmics....
not sure if he was racing newtons on bastwaves or speed vents but they were the white ones... he didnt get on S9 wheels till the euro tour...
yeah and he hasnt raced as good since switching to sector...go the flashbacks im bringin em back radest freeride wheel..
who do you thinks gonna win newtons this year?

Jacko said:
actually Erik won on Seismic wheels last year... he also won the 2007 world cup championships on siesmics....
not sure if he was racing newtons on bastwaves or speed vents but they were the white ones... he didnt get on S9 wheels till the euro tour...
def jacko

Michael English said:

Jacko said:
the races erik did race this year he was shredding them to bits... got in the finals both races... oh and guess what? he raced on o-tangs.... ;)
I think Scoot will win, but lets keep it on wheels here

Michael English said:
Jacko said:

hop your not the only one who has noticed that sector nine have been lets say less then active with newtons this year, Its abit of a cop out on their part and has personally put me off buying their gear, SECTOR 9 IS THE BIGGEST LONGBOARDING COMPANY ON EARTH yet they dont want to throw ANY MONEY at THE BIGGEST LONGBOARDING EVENT IN AUSTRALIA which has a vastly growing scene, you can tell from the amount of aussies who rego'ed for newtons. I aint saying boycot sector nine but think about who is putting money into aussie longboarding when you buy your next set of wheels

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service