ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sooo since I just got my bf a new dh board I'm thinking of getting one for myself as well.

I still want to be able to cruise around and do some standup slides. I'm about 169cm and 52kgs.

Preferably a deck below $280?? As for trucks, I was looking at randals or bear grizzlys but I'm really not sure.

Thanks alot.

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

and thats why im a n00b
Jacko said:
i can push at 25km/h....
Yeah good call Andre, my brother has done about 80km/h on his dervish. Using randal 180s
Oliver said:
my brother has done about 80km/h on his dervish.
Dude that is quick for a dervish did he have a GPS or is that a guess?
Nah, a follow car. Down Willunga hill. Regularly hits between 70 - 80 down there
Oliver said:
ha that was not 80
the torsional flex is so bad that unless ur k rimes ulle get wobbles on dervish if u had ur trucks locked off
i hate people who say these things
Its in your best interest to expand your quiver and get something stiff flex so you can get a good taste for what sort of performance you can expect from a true speedboard. Flexy boards can be ridden fast but aren't the wisest choice if you wanna start drifting at speed. A flexy board can bounce through heavy turns resulting in big changes in traction (SCARY SHIT!)
You can buy a 35 deg. baseplate for the rear truck which will suit randal or force hangers. With a 55deg up front (R2 randal) you can take on any speed. The secret is the bushings you put in them.
The alternative is to get a Gullwing Combo
That way you can keep your existing trucks setup, tuned to suit your loaded deck.
dude, how can you possibly know that.
Iv'e skated with those guys and i think it't entirely possible that he hit 80. Maybe they're not as nooby as you and can handle speed.
think we're going a little off topic now.

anyway, i have a flex 2 dervish and like i mentioned, i want to get a designated dh board. i'll still keep my dervish for cruising and stuff but it'll be a bitch to keep having to switch baseplates and what not just so i can do a little dh.
yeah right? i bet you cant dribble shit at 100mph like some of these guys........

Jacko said:
i can push at 25km/h....
He already said, he had a chase car.

Ching I rode an FSU a couple of times at Mater Of The Hill and I would reccomend them. Australian made from Australian wood. They look thin but feel really solid underfoot and are alot lighter than most of the big name downhill boards you would buy. Jacko's right about the weight (Jackos always right damn it) you will find a lighter board easier to manage than a big chunky Evo. That being said I am really digging the Glyde boards to, they are a little bit heavier than I remember the FSU being but not to the extent of an Evo or something. This type of thread has been posted a million times in a million different ways and it always ends with one person saying this.....

If this is your first downhill board, this is the board you will learn on, become accostimed to and ultimately you will probably ride a similar board if not this one for a very long time. You are not used to a topmount or a drop through or heavy or light deck so whatever you decide on will be the type of board for you. As a now older and wise man once said "just go and buy a board" whatever you get you will love.
Well I hate people who say you need a "downhill" board to go fast. You just need a plank of wood with some wheels on it, and some balls. Would you like to come and watch?

tom Crane said:
Oliver said:
ha that was not 80
the torsional flex is so bad that unless ur k rimes ulle get wobbles on dervish if u had ur trucks locked off
i hate people who say these things

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service