ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys and girls...

We've been in production of our new slide pucks "Slippery Dips" for a little while now and all is running well. However we have realised that while cutting the pucks, we are left with quite a mound of "puck particles."

As you can see in the photo below, we've started to gather a fair amount of the stuff and will continue to as we produce more pucks. We reckon there must be some use for it, something we can do with it so we're not just chucking it in the bin.

So here's the fun part... we want your suggestions as to what we could do with all these puck particles. Post your ideas below and the 2 coolest most creative most intuitive ideas will both win a set of pucks to the size of your choice! Puck yeah!

We'll give you a week to come up with something awesome, so the competition will close on Sunday 30th May 2010

Tags: competition, free, glove, puck, pucks, sick, slide, slippery, win

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know, I was just backing you up. Work with me here man.

On second thought, screw the wheels, bearings and trucks. Make a deck out of puck particles, coat it in wax and do some DH!
if some one has suggested this i am sorry but how about mixing them up with some goo to make skater selective hearing ear plugs (Puckplugs), put them in your ears and instantly "no, you can not go skating" "Yo, you man got to go skating", note the puckplugs selectively use similar sounding word to get you rolling.

"You have to plaster and sand the stairs before you go skating" turns to "You have to master standies and air's therefor you go skating"

Not to mention putting in an in built micro chip that records the skate friendly phrase to play back on the unsuspecting person who wanted you to do other things.

I know its evil but i thought it had potential.
Benny who won?
I dont know what you guys see in the pic but all I can see is that someone opened up a whole bunch of heady beer, you need to drink all that beer before it goes flat.
We'll give you a week to come up with something awesome, so the competition will close on Sunday 30th May 2010

Ian Coggan said:
Benny who won?
hahaha

Owen said:
I dont know what you guys see in the pic but all I can see is that someone opened up a whole bunch of heady beer, you need to drink all that beer before it goes flat.
use it the middle of those kinder surprise chocolate eggs for kids. the open and in the middle u get white puck fluff!!!! what more could a kid want.
instead of having ball pits/ball pools for kids
fill them with the puck fluff then they could swim through all the awesomeness
that same material can be spun into a yard and knitted to form a fabric called "spectra" (assuming its UHMW) which is lighter and stronger than kevlar. maybe try a poor mans version, but dusting this stuff out into a thin mat, melt it just enough to bond to each other but still remain flexible. Sew it into a pair of pants BAM! added road rash protection.

if that somehow works, bond it to a long sleeve shirt around the elbows and shoulders and you have yourself a RAD free riding protective shirt! (dibs)
melt it down int a trophy for the winner of this contest ;)
use it for decorating the santa display at the asra xmas party. It'd make an excellent beard for Hop in his santa costume
actually keep the pucks can i have some of the fluff to try my idea?? really keen to melt a layer of it straight onto the forearms / elbows of a long sleeve shirt see if its possible.....

Trav said:
that same material can be spun into a yard and knitted to form a fabric called "spectra" (assuming its UHMW) which is lighter and stronger than kevlar. maybe try a poor mans version, but dusting this stuff out into a thin mat, melt it just enough to bond to each other but still remain flexible. Sew it into a pair of pants BAM! added road rash protection.
if that somehow works, bond it to a long sleeve shirt around the elbows and shoulders and you have yourself a RAD free riding protective shirt! (dibs)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service