ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The other day my friends and I had all our boards stacked up in the school office for safekeeping, and mine was on top of the pile. I went into the office to get something from my teacher's desk and there was this sketchy shortboarder kid sitting in there near our boards, on detention or something. Next time I go in, the kid's gone and so is one of my damn bigzigs. Turns out he stole it and chucked it on his way out of school that afternoon.

It's been found and returned now with minimal damage, but it still pisses me off.
The guy did it purely because he doesn't like longboarders.
Anyone else have this problem where they live?

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The way I deal with pricks like that is flick them off,

It annoys them, and just before they go to fight they realise that are weak, little and skinny prick's that cant even fucking short board, they then run away and go cut themselves.
Jesus Christ, guys. The way people tend to stray farther and farther from societal norms of behaviour is through positive reinforcement of negative actions and opinions. You enjoy doing something, so you begin associating with groups of people who also enjoy doing the same thing. The problem is, with humans being something very closely akin to a pack animal, you also inherit the group's worldview through cultural osmosis. Any individual in a group has a decent chance of absorbing the group's chipped shoulder and hurt feelings.

The way you people are talking on here is the same way the extremist members of any group behave. We have instincts that drive us towards these behaviours, but you're all gifted with sentience. You can see beyond it.

Stop being 'that guy'. Go outside and have some fun.
Alex said:
The way I deal with pricks like that is flick them off,

It annoys them, and just before they go to fight they realise that are weak, little and skinny prick's that cant even fucking short board, they then run away and go cut themselves.
Like I said, I try to get along with these guys. I like street skating. I even went and bought a board, even if I had to sell it to afford my zigs...

Also, they've recently started calling us the "Forever Young Kids" with "Forever Young boards" (based on the music video for Youth Group's version of "Forever Young"). So every time a guy walks past us with a shortboard in his hands laughing at us, our crew sings Forever Young as loud as we can. It's really not a bad song.
Highly doubt he has one or could get one.

sean meaney said:
Brad B said:

and start hitting on his girlfriend...

probobly the best move
go one better and just hit on his mum
The general public are more of an issue than shortboarders. Had some drugged up looking fella throw and a small log at me just the other day (he can't have been to drugged up cos he managed to hit me). With some comment along the lines of 'f**king skaters'
It's all going to turn around when downhill skateboard racing is first into the Olympics - all the street riders are going to scream murder then - I will be the first doing the 'pmsl' big time. In a few short years downhill ( from tight slalom thru to speedboard and luge ) have organised themselves into an extremely credible WC international sports circuit, encompassing a lot more pro riders from a lot more countries, than the rest of the disciplines of skateboarding. Watch out what happens next..

POST NOTE : ASRA are cutting edge and are a major asset to our Australian race scene and our future, If your not a paid up member then 'pay up' and join now ! Without ASRA we have NO events and they deserve our support ( $$$ ). See you all at Newton's
im pretty kool with it and the only skaters that are like this are the 9 to 13 year old grommies that wear "their sisters pants" and spend hours on their hair. i have chatted with alot of these guys and they respect longboarders. i was even riding the bowl on my hellcat the otherday and even the grommies were in awe, theyl understand one day. but i like the idea of taking out the outside bearing haha

Jake Day said:
Like I said, I try to get along with these guys. I like street skating. I even went and bought a board, even if I had to sell it to afford my zigs...

Also, they've recently started calling us the "Forever Young Kids" with "Forever Young boards" (based on the music video for Youth Group's version of "Forever Young"). So every time a guy walks past us with a shortboard in his hands laughing at us, our crew sings Forever Young as loud as we can. It's really not a bad song.

my school is at the top of thishill and my bus stop is down the bottom. the skatepark is right near the bus stop and whenever i go past the skaters always bag me and shit and they are alwaays in groups of 3-6.

so after  week istarted to get really sick of it and called all my longboarding frirends to meet me after school with their boards.

we all rode down together but nar the end i went ahead and they stayed back abit. when the skaters started to bag me my friends came down and starteed to walk towards the skaters. man you shouldhave seen their faces, at first they thought they were top shit and unstopable but when my group of 8 longboard friends came down and started to back me up they just looked so scared and stopped baging me.

if they keep baging you just get your friends and ride down in  group. it worked for me

Skaters hating on skaters, it's like blacks hating on blacks. Minoroties and people who cop shit from the general public by default need to stick together. We all roll, we all fall, we all lost skin, break bones and eat shit.

The above isn't a case of ''street skaters vs longboarders'', a ton of skaters are both of these, and more. The above is a case of a bunch of kids acting like wankas to prove to the world that they have a big dick, which they don't because they are kids. Once the balls drop and they have more important things to worry about like jobs, bills and un planned parenting they wont give a shit anymore and neither will you.

This thread is from 2009!

short boarders are people too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service