ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I'm after a board that can handle the speeds and be able to take sliding and just general freeriding. just want to know what your preference is.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ride them both and decide, don't listen to anyone's advice when it comes to what board is good for YOU, only you can judge that...
The problem of the evo bottoming out would be fixed by adding a riser.
Also, I would have to disagree that a vendetta is "pretty much the exact same" as a 9two5. They are very different. Although a vendetta would be a good option too.

If you like a big drop in the platform, but want to keep it symmetrical, you may like the switch.

Every board has its ups and downs. I am yet to buy a board that I haven't been stoked with.
Does the 9to5 have a Wheel bite issue? theres some people over at Silver talking about it biting with paris 180 trucks on a DROP-THRU BOARD!

too many bongs bein handed around on that silver site...... a board that cost 290 brand new should be 100% awsome
Coolum said:
Does the 9to5 have a Wheel bite issue? theres some people over at Silver talking about it biting with paris 180 trucks on a DROP-THRU BOARD!
I run 76mm wheels of several types on my 9two5 and have have never had wheel bite with either bear 840 or 852 trucks.
Id vote for 925, Evo is a sick board but if you want an all rounder 925 thrashes hard.

Coolum said:

This is a very good point.
I would say yes. Depending on how loose you like your trucks you can get wheelbite on this shaped board.
A lot of people will either tighten the trucks (with bushings or just cranking down the kingpin) so this wont happen, or have them loose enough that wheelbite will happen but try not to lean them over so far while riding. I have a set of Sabre trucks for example,... they got wheelbite easily on a drop through Kebbek Smoothcut. My Sabres are now on an Early Oz Team and they are free to turn as hard as they want.
Would not be surprised if Paris trucks did get wheelbite on a 9 to 5.

If I was going to put Sabres on one of those 2 decks, it would have to be the Evo. But as some people have suggested Id have a decent sized riser, or bigger wheels.

Maybe the 9 to 5 really needs Landy Bear trucks as Shannon suggested.
also another thing to consider is the life of the deck, i cant speak for a 925 when it comes to this, but i have had my evo nearly my whole longboarding life and have abused it pretty bad and its now only starting to die, its been water logged countless times i have scratched it up pretty good, smashed it into stuff its an absolute tank
yea sean,
but i recon a 925 deck would almost weigh half of an evo.....
thats probs an exaggeration, but the evo is sooooo fricking heavy...
if your going fast enough weight dont matter, i own a few lighter decks and prefer the evo when i am sliding, you cant beat the pockets man

Matthys said:
yea sean,
but i recon a 925 deck would almost weigh half of an evo.....
thats probs an exaggeration, but the evo is sooooo fricking heavy...
Good point Matty,
The 925 was designed and developed with the 2010 bears and 80a Zombies so that would be the best setup to run i think.
If you want to do most of the things on this video, grab the 925. Evo can do all this stuff, like Sean was saying, however he has modded the original design quite a fair bit with different baseplates, irregular bushing combos and wedges. If you want a setup out of the box that does all this stuff, 925.
http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/video/landyachtz-longboards-eh-team
hold off until next year!!!
you can get the best of both world with the new board landyachtz is bringing out..
really small drop, so you get pockets without the hammocky feeling of an evo...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service