ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I'm after a board that can handle the speeds and be able to take sliding and just general freeriding. just want to know what your preference is.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are both good boards for different reasons. No use arguing about it.

Landys rock
get the 925,
evo is outdated and theres a reason for it...
there are seriously hundreds of these forums on silverfishlongboarding
go search there for this sort of stuff...

btw, the evo is in no way a freeride board....
unless its like btb freeride, which is pretty much dh anyway.....
its not designed as one, no, but you can sure as hell use it as one, i guess its just me having one for so long and playing with it so much that i like to ride it for everything, because i ride it for anything from distance to downhill. i wouldnt use a 925 for distance skating, but the evo go's great

Matthys said:
get the 925,
evo is outdated and theres a reason for it...
there are seriously hundreds of these forums on silverfishlongboarding
go search there for this sort of stuff...

btw, the evo is in no way a freeride board....
unless its like btb freeride, which is pretty much dh anyway.....
Blake and rob save the drama for silverfish, he was pointing out the evo will bottom out over speed humps etc... my vote is 9 two 5 due to symmetry for freeride. Haven't ridden one personally but I'm stoked on my vendetta which is similar and lighter than a dh deck but still ok at speed. An evo will suck riding switch it ain't designed for it
if you're worried about bottoming your board out and scratching your graphics then you need to stop caring about how pretty it is. if you're worried about getting launched when it bottoms out then maybe you should go faster than pushing speed.

get the one that looks cooler
good looks make a board faster

stephen.mhsrider said:
if you're worried about bottoming your board out and scratching your graphics then you need to stop caring about how pretty it is. if you're worried about getting launched when it bottoms out then maybe you should go faster than pushing speed.

get the one that looks cooler
freeriding is the ability to be able to ride both regular/goofy and switch. Evo is shit for that. I have an evo as well as various other freeride decks. Evo is my preferred dh deck but I would not freeride it. I've tried and riding it backward is just retarded. I can do switch stand up slides with the evo but if u asked me whether i prefer to do it with the evo or a symmetrical deck like the 925, I'd say the 925.
While I agree that what he probably wants is the 9 to 5, here are some good things about the Evo.
*its a speedboard that is stable and it has been on the podium more times than most boards out there
*pushing and foot braking are easy due to the dropped platform (so yeah, better for transport over distances)
*you can run very loose trucks on it due to the shape.
*you can run bigger wheels than 75mm
*its a solid board that can take a hammering, no drop through holes means you might not wreck it on a gutter

Dont send ASRA members to SF for research. Id prefer that we conducted ourselves in a friendlier way and were a good resource for Aussie skaters. All you get at SF is 16 yo American "experts" who are no more of an authority than us. Lets try to be nicer in our advice and try to help Aussie skaters in a positive way.
haha,like how you all have your own definition of Freeriding!
freeriding is anything thats not racing.......it can be anything you want it to be!
riding-free.....freeriding....
yea i get what your saying ben, but "freeriding" is a term most commonly used for soft wheel sliding and such.
evo is shit for soft wheel sliding and getting all techy like that (if you want to do that, buy a catalist or a agent from rayne and some slide a's) but if you want to get steezie on a hill get an evo

Matthys said:
yea i get what your saying ben, but "freeriding" is a term most commonly used for soft wheel sliding and such.
I own both an Evo and a 9two5.

The 9two5 gets ridden a lot while the Evo spends a lot of time hanging on the wall.

Ive recently started riding a Nemesis. I think that is a great board and would suit your requirement of "can handle the speeds and be able to take sliding and just general freeriding" really well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service