ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just wondering is a glyde praxis a board with a lot of flex or not
and what the specs for it as well

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey yeah its alright i kinda understand your point
im just trying to found out some stuff cause i havent been in longboarding fo long

leighgriffiths said:
because Jack its one basic question with one basic answer that doesn't need to be its own discussion. when i clicked on it I was expecting to see a discussion about the boards details and how good it was etc etc.
so lets turn it into that. lets make this the legit Glyde Praxis thread.

yo Josh instead of having the flex question at the top, have it say something broad like "Glyde Praxis... discuss".
now that will cover many things about the board and benefit everyone.
sorry if i sounded like an ass.
bring on an aussie marketing Hype machine I say, leeso has been good for it lately!
whats SD?
and sad to hear about the Dilli pete, good luck with your new stuff
i actually was standing on a glyde for the first time a week or two ago, that jacko hacked into.
it was really really good. pete when it happens, i'll be one of the first to get a freshyy!
The American gear obsession sucks. Aussies make much better stuff. Rayne and Landy make good stuff too, don't get me wrong but loyalty to aussies is the go.
Pete im only new to this sport, idont know you that well but i do think you are a very nice guy but on this occasion mate your rant from what i have seen and experienced so far is so far off the mark, and is such a piss poor attitude towards the sport, in the last few months long boarding has gone off its head on the coast, now is the time to capture the market, get your product out there and promote your gear. We are all creating a buzz by getting out there and skating, thats the key, getting big groups of guys out doing it, talking about it and actually making it happen....(the secret skate thing is childish and a very big negative for the new comers like myself). My group of mates and myself would love to support more Aussie Gear but due to a lack of education coming my way and a very defeatess attitude coming from your way it probably is only just going to get harder to get hold of.
Sorry if i have upset you dude but maybe try marketing to a different age group, think outside the square a little, get involved in the sport let people now about your product, i dont even know what a glyde looks like, maybe send emails to all the Asra members when you produce a catalouge...Basically get off your arse and stop blaming everyone else cause you cant sell boards....Rant Over

pete hill said:
the praxis is designed and made by Steve Daddow, if you would like the specs shoot him a message, I pulled the glyde thread off asra as i got sick of saying no or busting a gut to be dicked by non paying, can't follow through groms. everyone wants something for nothing.
unfortunately the dilli mold got damaged beyond repair the other molds are still good but i have little time at present to do anything but am slowly getting my shit together, steve is it seems keeping the glyde flame burning with his two boards, there is also little incentive due to the lack of support from the groms caught up in the rayne landy send our bucks overseas craze etc etc that has always afflicted the aussie skate scene from park, bowl through to downhill for decades.
why does ommni who has been making boards since i was a kid (25 years +) get his product made overseas now ?
We will be back soon with a website and boards available in quantity, bamboo again too but not pushed here through asra, as it seems skaters all over the world are more keen to back us and buy and ride our boards than the locals.
we cant continue to contribute to the local scene and riders if the scene wont contribute to us.
rant over.
Pete.
your right dave, i should get off my arse and stop whinging and blaming everyone else, i should get involved more because in the past all i have done is take from the sport, as for secret skate business????? Wtf, if you wanna skate when we do get out of bed at four on a sunday morning and join in, we skate then cause thats when i/we have the time too because i spend the rest of my time sitting on my ass blaming everyone else and not putting any effort in.
I just had my little speel to openly answer many of the question i get asked every week and so leigh would understand why a grom started a thread about a glyde instead of searching for an existing thread,
Anyone who half knows me would have taken my rant with little seriousness
yep but nothing in quantity, if you want one i will make one but its cash up front and you will have your board within two weeks at the moment
Steve Daddow - Acronyms man

Jack Nolan said:
whats SD?
and sad to hear about the Dilli pete, good luck with your new stuff
wow David, very hard to sit back and not comment on this. Especially when you basically start with - i'm only new to this sport but i think someone thats been involved in and supported it for many years has a poor attitude.....

you see Gylde appearing to be doing nothing but whinging now, but ever thought how it got to that point? I see the same thing with other local board brands. Groms see them, try them, love them say they are going to buy one, then go buy a Rayne; and lets face it groms are the main buying force behind this sport. At this very moment there is a thread on the new S9 race decks. Almost no one has seen them in person or even stood on them, but look at them lining up to get one. As soon as they hit an Aussie store, just watch drones of people come in and sell them out within a week, whilst a rad and proven board like the SD model sits on the shelf right next to it.

now tell us how would Aussie board makers compete with that if its 99.9% brand driven? splashing out a catalogue with a newsletter once a month? I think not.

David Adrian Butternut Aitchison said:
Pete im only new to this sport, idont know you that well but i do think you are a very nice guy but on this occasion mate your rant from what i have seen and experienced so far is so far off the mark, and is such a piss poor attitude towards the sport, in the last few months long boarding has gone off its head on the coast, now is the time to capture the market, get your product out there and promote your gear. We are all creating a buzz by getting out there and skating, thats the key, getting big groups of guys out doing it, talking about it and actually making it happen....(the secret skate thing is childish and a very big negative for the new comers like myself). My group of mates and myself would love to support more Aussie Gear but due to a lack of education coming my way and a very defeatess attitude coming from your way it probably is only just going to get harder to get hold of.
Sorry if i have upset you dude but maybe try marketing to a different age group, think outside the square a little, get involved in the sport let people now about your product, i dont even know what a glyde looks like, maybe send emails to all the Asra members when you produce a catalouge...Basically get off your arse and stop blaming everyone else cause you cant sell boards....Rant Over

the Praxis is just f%%cking awesome , enough said :) onya Daddow
Attachments:
oh yeah and i 4got , bugger all flex :)

jay cottrell said:
the Praxis is just f%%cking awesome , enough said :) onya Daddow

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service