ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

keen to have a couple of sessions in brisbane carparks and at the gateway track. comment below or whatever if you know of a session, would be greatly appreciated.

Tags: carpark, gateway, sesh, session, skate

Views: 714

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

please don't ride Cootha guys , its an invitation only hill really , there are times when it can be ridden and most when you cant and if you go over the centreline , or crash or get seen by police its gone for those that have been secretly ridding it for years . if you cant footbreak at 80k or rail corners at that speed please dont go there .if you're invited or ask one of the experienced guys can you join them etc so keep it on the down low . don't forget if you come off into a car or guard rail or a pushbiker there are 4 tv stations up their to be immediately on site and film our "irresponsible" behaviour ; then its by bye bye to ever riding it again and you wont be popular then . 

just my polite suggestion or warning take it which ever way you wish 

thanks for the heads up. i don't know the dynamic around here, i just thought it looked like a cool place to ride.

any tips on easier and less public places that are still fun?

Lance and Josh said:

please don't ride Cootha guys , its an invitation only hill really , there are times when it can be ridden and most when you cant and if you go over the centreline , or crash or get seen by police its gone for those that have been secretly ridding it for years . if you cant footbreak at 80k or rail corners at that speed please dont go there .if you're invited or ask one of the experienced guys can you join them etc so keep it on the down low . don't forget if you come off into a car or guard rail or a pushbiker there are 4 tv stations up their to be immediately on site and film our "irresponsible" behaviour ; then its by bye bye to ever riding it again and you wont be popular then . 

just my polite suggestion or warning take it which ever way you wish 

gateway is a great place to learn dude its not gnarly and has a nice runout

Where is gateway? Only been here since Thursday and don't know the city so well.

I'm staying in Indooroopilly so preferably looking for spots nearby.

Also what's with the "name and name" accounts? Are you guys best friends and do you know Philip and Hugh?

hugh is philips son. Gateway is in murarrie right under the gateway bridge.

Matt, Gateway is over in a suburb called Murarrie.  It's a track located on the southern side of the brisbane river between the 2 gateway bridges.  If you have a car, best access is Administration Drive or if you use public transport, train to Murarrie station and then it's only a short push away.  There are plenty of quiet suburban runs thru Indro, StLucia and Chapel Hill.

As to the "name&name" accounts, Lance and Josh as well as Philip and Hugh are father/son that ride together.  Keep an eye out for carpark sessions that go on regularly on friday nights.  Easy as, great place to start your sliding and awesome crew to meet and mix with.

hey Matt , Id be happy to pick you up in town or at the station to go to gateway or get you with us on a friday night

I am moving house this weekend coming but after that you are more than welcome to hang with josh and I and the other Brissy crew , my number is 0458045068

you should also add Blake , Arbie , Matty leadfoot , tim skittles etc as friends on ASRA and you can hook up with their runs as well

catch up soon

Okay cool, I'd love to ride with some oz boarders and that's awesome that your dad's ride with you. I jog with my dad but he's too scared to try longboarding. Then again so is Bear Grylls...

If it's on your way, Lance, a ride would be awesome. I've got a go pass though, and am right next to the station/bus, so catching the train isn't a big deal.

Can't get a phone until monday (had to get a bank account set up first, which is taking a couple days to complete) but I'll post up my number when I get it.

So far I've been catching public transportation and riding all over the downtown area. I love my hometown Portland (oregon) but I have to say Brisbane is much more fun! So easy to get lost with the winding river.

Where abouts in Indooroopilly do you live Matt? We live in St Lucia and are always looking for new people to skate with.

Like halfway in between the train station and the shopping center. Staying at the lodge right now.

Where are you in St. Lucia? I'm working at the uni so I'll probably be skating St. Lucia a fair amount.

Hey everyone,

Me and my mate Noah are going to gateway tomorrow morning (if its not to wet), Anyone is welcome to come we'll be there around 10 - 10:30! 

well probs be there all day! or may go somewhere else later.!

A couple of friends and I will be at G5 at around 12:25! the servo up the road has gone to rat shit so if your looking for something to eat there bring food

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service