ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just wondering how long durians actually last coz people say they wear really quick but how long do they actually take? want to use them for easy sliding and lite DH

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Durians rock, even though they wear fast...
Their still good and rideable for quite a while after they first start coning!

stephen.mhsrider said:
get sector nine race formulas from ado. the 76mm ones kick ass

Speaking about race forms, do you know if ado has the new red ones, the harder ones, I think their usually 82a?
I'll probably get a set when I need some more wheels, they seem pretty damn good!
you should try a set of durians before you start worrying about how fast they wear, there an excellent wheel. your a pretty light guy so they should last a long time compared to what others get outta them
freebord slashers, 80mm 80a kriptonics shape, fast drifty and nice to slide
Nick Threapleton said:
This is probably wrong (feel free to correct me) but my hypothesis is that:

Gumballs are actually bouncing along and hence, not loosing as much speed whereas your drifters are actually sliding which means they are constantly in contact with the ground and therefor loosing more speed.

this is exactly what happens with gumballs, which is why they don't wear much at all.
it is harder to slide in carparks because the surface is a lot smoother (grippier) than it is on the streets. but since gumballs bounce more than they slide, they have less traction than other freeride type wheels and make kicking out the wheels easier.
Leigh, thanks man, makes total sense. Maybe next sesh I will take my Gumballs in the back pack so if I hit some carparks I will change them.

leighgriffiths said:
Nick Threapleton said:
This is probably wrong (feel free to correct me) but my hypothesis is that:

Gumballs are actually bouncing along and hence, not loosing as much speed whereas your drifters are actually sliding which means they are constantly in contact with the ground and therefor loosing more speed.

this is exactly what happens with gumballs, which is why they don't wear much at all.
it is harder to slide in carparks because the surface is a lot smoother (grippier) than it is on the streets. but since gumballs bounce more than they slide, they have less traction than other freeride type wheels and make kicking out the wheels easier.
BTW, if you're into carparks, I have found that the O'tang freeride formla is better sliding than say my Drifters. And from what I've scene, it slides well on the road.
O-tang freerides are crazy in carparks.
They get a wee bit slippery for just lashing around.
But on normal roads they kick ass...
From looking at your photos of some crazy stink bug sliding in the rain I wouldn't bother with an expensive wheel like Durians. Just get a nice cheap standard wheel. Adam Yates does amazing stand up slides at high speeds on the white Hawgs. Jackson is just as good on standard O-tangs.

The question you should be asking is how long will my board and bearings last until they start de-lamming and rusting out because of the wet.
lol rain skating, bad to the bone ......get some wheels for sliding on!!

Dani said:
From looking at your photos of some crazy stink bug sliding in the rain I wouldn't bother with an expensive wheel like Durians. Just get a nice cheap standard wheel. Adam Yates does amazing stand up slides at high speeds on the white Hawgs. Jackson is just as good on standard O-tangs.

The question you should be asking is how long will my board and bearings last until they start de-lamming and rusting out because of the wet.
my bearings almost died on me last time but now my wheels are broken in i can slide normally without destroying my board and bearings. what do you reckon about the retro freerides?

Dani said:

Then why do you need Durians if you have broken them in?
coz they slide so slowly and bite at the end of the slide plus i want a new board and im trying to decide wich wheels to put on it

Dani said:
Then why do you need Durians if you have broken them in?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service