ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The alternative to the Aussie thread on Silverfishlongboarding

Tags: Aussie, Oi

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i ride 75mm on topmount with smokies, more stable than my old DH race on randal dh's and it actually turns. it doesnt take long to adjust to different ride heights, its more of a mind over matter thing

Ben said:
the Katana was an avenger that AJ offered to modify....he rides one himself and offered me one at standard avenger price...

as for the 42º randals...they are a good plate, and they are pretty low...but i still agree someone needs to make a LOW cast plate....

those 5mm difference can mean a lot- i don't know about you but i feel the difference between the ride height on an evo on kookys and bigz (75div2=37.5mm to axle) Vs. an evo on kookys and 85mm hawaii K's;(85div2=42.5mm to axle)...

and its REALLY noticeable when you go from a 66mm wheel on a topmount with randals to a 75mm....but really- how many people ride topmounts with 75mm wheels all the time? ....i reckon not many....
i should have added that being mongo and having previous "serious" knee injuries- ride height is a big deal for me...i absolute cannot ride a "high" board i don't feel stable, cant brake comfortably and it actually hurts....but thats just me...like i said previously- i notice the ride height...doesn't mean it isn't rideable- i just don't prefer it.
agreed kook, i think this may also touch on the reason that CORE make a machined (CNC? not sure...) plate for indy 215's and Tracker 219's.... and a company like pogo produce a CNC plate for "reverse geometry" trucks....

as long as a hangar is "true" it is all down to preferece, i prefer a wider hangar...but thats just me, i know a guy with an evo on 42/50º plates, white JimZ and 160mm hangars on an evo...so its ALL about the preference.

my next things are some travel...SA and NSW this year hopefully, possibly QLD...go get some more skate on!
but also bushings (venom i think) some new wheels and a safer helmet...

what about others? whats on your agenda?

also, anyone in melb from the 3rd til the 7th....on the 5th, is anyone keen on an evening skate?
Thanks for that kooky. It will definitely help my argument with dad.

What wheels are you looking at getting Ben?

Also, would I be safe in assuming that the thinnest deck (not inclusive of fibretec's and other predominately fibre boards that dont have a foam core) would probably be around 7-9 ply of 1.2mm layers therefore maybe 9mm would be a safe bet for the thinnest deck?
wheels....

-hi Q 76mm gravity wheels
- LY mini monsters (70mm!)
-sui- sliders (check current concrete wave)
-freeboard "slashers"
- EW o'bombers or freeriders

any/all of those would be nice...but i'll get whatever i feel i need/want at the time...any other suggestions for wheels?

actually, anyone ridden the DTC wheel? hmm...weird.
I haven't ridden it but i posted up the video and stuff. One intersting thing the creator said about the wheels was that they feel different as you get deeper into the urethane. At the start they are really grippy then they become more of a sliding type wheel.

Plus the cores are reusable.
i've decided to follow leadfoots footsteps and stop using silverfish.. so much bullshit

asra all the way

looks like this weekend is gonna be too hot to skate dammit!!
yeah, SF sucks now. i was lucky enough to still be a member when it was a friendly community like what we have here at ASRA, but it didn't last long. it still has a few good threads which i check every now and then, but the rest of the site is no fun at all. i'm just glad ASRA formed when it did or i'd still be putting up with all the crap that goes on at SF. thanks Bugs.
"I totally love to go skate with anyone at any level to have fun and learn more as I go :) "

thats what longboarding is all about... i could be skating with jacko or one of my mates just starting out... i would be having fun either way.

longboarding has made me so many new friends, people i would never meet without it.
leady right...kookys aren't bad.... ;)

only kidding kooky- i absolutely love my kooks... i just spent 6 days surrounded by american tourists.
and if i hear "...thats so nice, but we have a bigger/heavier/more expensive whatever back home..." i'ma stabba bitch.
*resist the urge to kill....*
Ever heard of Zomerset Longboards Kook?? From New Zealand
I was wondering if you reckon For a skyrunner icaro brand new a silverish colour just with a clear visor for $250 is cheap or of the skyrunner is rubbish i have only really ever heard of icaro's other helmet makes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service