ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys and girls...

We've been in production of our new slide pucks "Slippery Dips" for a little while now and all is running well. However we have realised that while cutting the pucks, we are left with quite a mound of "puck particles."

As you can see in the photo below, we've started to gather a fair amount of the stuff and will continue to as we produce more pucks. We reckon there must be some use for it, something we can do with it so we're not just chucking it in the bin.

So here's the fun part... we want your suggestions as to what we could do with all these puck particles. Post your ideas below and the 2 coolest most creative most intuitive ideas will both win a set of pucks to the size of your choice! Puck yeah!

We'll give you a week to come up with something awesome, so the competition will close on Sunday 30th May 2010

Tags: competition, free, glove, puck, pucks, sick, slide, slippery, win

Views: 404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

make candles?
should hook some up man they are the most decent pucks i have used to date.

Joel-Intervention said:
could make some made knee pads if ya melted togeather :D
heheh i wish i had some pucks....im still using cutting board >/body>
use it to refill fire extinguishers or sell to fire stations for putting out fires.

i need a a spare pair to put on my bookshelf boys pick me :)
put some slippery dip puck particles on your road rash to prevent infection and promote fast healing!
i said that :P

Jack meyn said:
make candles?
mix it with some glue and press it to thickness then cut more pucks out and give me a set.
AND THE WINNERS ARE......

Toby - "use as a defence mechanism for knife wielding Norwegians"

Adam - "Puckplugs"

Awesome ideas guys! You each win a set of Slippery Dip Slide Pucks!

Thanks to everyone who put an idea in, so many wicked suggestions. I wish I could give you all a free set of pucks, but I would have to go live on the streets if I did.

If you're spewing coz you didn't win, all is not lost, you can still have a set! You just gotta pay for them... BUT coz all your ideas were so good I'll do a special price for everyone who entered this comp.

For this week only (ending Friday 4th June) you can order a set of Slippery Dips for $20 including postage to anywhere in Aus.

This is super cheap and won't happen again, so let me know if you'd like a set. Jacko and Leigh Griffiths use these pucks and love them.

Yewww thanks all.

Some other really good suggestions we had...

Michael English - Use instead of Haybales
Voodoo - Fluffity Duff pillows
Jack Meyn - Puck particle core board
Andrew G - Roll it up and smoke it
Jonty - Use as moustache to impress girls
Ian Coggan - Turn into liquid and spray over skateparks to dominate scooters
Owen - Looks like lots of heady beer.... hahahah
Jason Treloar - Melt into trophy for the winner of this comp
Trav - Melt onto pants and shirts for protection
Ching - Apply to roadrash for quick healing

and many others.

Good stuff!
YYYYEEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Super stoked Benny can't wait to strap them on.

i think you have different sizes so i will get them as thick as possible to last for ages. and around 85-90mm round, what ever suites.

Rad idea by the way, it was funny to be going to sleep dreaming up funny used for Puck fluff.

hehehehehe
fark yehh i bet these will last about 10000 times longer than my sector 9 pucks and wont leave big lumps of melted plastic all over my gloves

THANKS FOR THE COMP BENNY YIEEWWWWW
I didn't win?! Bummer.
Not going to get angry!! Rah! hahaha
Maybe i'll buy some soon then hey?

Oh and what are puckplugs?
Nope sorry mate. You did have some good ideas though, particularly your "dandruff for head & shoulders add" haha.

Puck Plugs:
How about mixing them up with some goo to make skater selective hearing ear plugs (Puckplugs), put them in your ears and instantly "no, you can not go skating" "Yo, you man got to go skating", note the puckplugs selectively use similar sounding word to get you rolling.

"You have to plaster and sand the stairs before you go skating" turns to "You have to master standies and air's therefor you go skating"

If you get some this week they're only $20 instead of the normal price $26

Yew

Elliot O said:
I didn't win?! Bummer.
Not going to get angry!! Rah! hahaha
Maybe i'll buy some soon then hey?

Oh and what are puckplugs?
sweet as!!! can i grab some in the middle width and the thickest???

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service