ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hello every1 im new to this and i am wanting a good sliding carivng pushing board good for tricks and bit of DH.
i was looking at glydes but i couldnt find how to get one ?
what are other brands i can look into ???
what are good australian sites to buy off aswell ?
and also any other info tricks tips things like that would be greatly appreciated ? :)
thnx angus

Tags: FAQ, beginner, board, boards, first, glyde, help, longboarding, new, question, More…starter

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh ok yeah i have been looking on there site. i like rayne boards a lot !! but i dont think i can afford 1 :/

Dani said:
Because Hop is in Syd so you would neeed to live there to go in. Can order off the net though at hopkins. Get a Vendetta. Rayne boards rock.
Vendetta is a very good board. Ive got one and i use it for everything you stated that you want to do. It has little kicks for doing tricks, awesome concave to lock in your feet during slides, but the concave isnt aggressive enough to give your feet cramps when your pushing, I found it was pretty half decent for carving (but thats more in the trucks). In the long run I'd say a vendetta would be a great investment. But if you cant spend that much, you could look into the earthwing supermodel. http://www.hopkin.com.au/product.php?productid=168603&cat=910&a...

Or if you want a really good, cheap board, then keep your eye on the marketplace for preloved boards and gear.
dude hang out on asra and pic up something 2nd hand ..............
you could also look at a comet fsm. it has a large nose and tail so u could easily do tricks on it. its great for sliding and freeriding, also has .75 inches of concave and an inch of rocker. ive heard the eco glue makes it delam but i think comet have fixed that now. its pretty affordable - at hopkin it costs $395
yeah it looks really nice !! lucky that would be mad fun. yeah it would be a great board for me i reckon but i bit too much atm, i may look into 1 later on.
oh really is the super model good ? i have been looking at that board and thought it would be great. i also checked out the
 Earthwing Carbon Boomerang do u think it is any good ??

Thomas said:
Vendetta is a very good board. Ive got one and i use it for everything you stated that you want to do. It has little kicks for doing tricks, awesome concave to lock in your feet during slides, but the concave isnt aggressive enough to give your feet cramps when your pushing, I found it was pretty half decent for carving (but thats more in the trucks). In the long run I'd say a vendetta would be a great investment. But if you cant spend that much, you could look into the earthwing supermodel. http://www.hopkin.com.au/product.php?productid=168603&cat=910&a...

Or if you want a really good, cheap board, then keep your eye on the marketplace for preloved boards and gear.
ok thanks a lot ill might take a look at that

Gabriele Santoro said:
you could also look at a comet fsm. it has a large nose and tail so u could easily do tricks on it. its great for sliding and freeriding, also has .75 inches of concave and an inch of rocker. ive heard the eco glue makes it delam but i think comet have fixed that now. its pretty affordable - at hopkin it costs $395
you could look at an omni pintain thing . complete at around 295
thnx man i will take a look on there

blake said:
dude hang out on asra and pic up something 2nd hand ..............
thnx man ill take a look im trying to get as many boards/brands/ideas as possible so thnx. what do u and every1 think of earthwing boards ?? the supermodel and carbon boomerang are looking pre nice to me ? are they good ? alright for tricks and so on ?

Gabriele Santoro said:
thanks but what is that haha im new have no clue ? :l

Nick Lonergan said:
you could look at an omni pintain thing . complete at around 295

what you need to do mate is get on the hopkin website... www.hopkin.com.au and browse through the products. each product has a description, and will tell you just as much if not more than what anyone on this website can tell you. remember you are currently asking kids for information over the internet... what can you expect?

get on the website and have a look at what shapes you like and what prices you like, each description of each product will tell you exactly what that product is and give you ample information to determine weather its a good board for you or not. Give us a call at the shop and we will easily answer your questions.

otherwise get out and there and try your mate's boards and see if you can get on other boards, get a feel for them and shop around. you wont achieve much by hanging out asking questions on here. sure u will get a few answers but very slowly and not very informative.

Also, most good boards are above $350... all rayne boards go for at least $400, Landyachtz start at $370 and Sector9 start from about $350 for carver/cruisers and $380 for the downhill/race boards...

now mate close this thread and get shopping! good luck :)

not very nice for the people trying to help...

Anyway, my (slow and not very informative :-p ) advice is don't buy a picture and a description off a website.  It might be hard if you don't have friends with longboards around or a good skate shop in your area, but try to hop on a few different decks and feel for yourself if you like them or not.  Also if you don't have much experience, ask for as many opinions as you can, you will soon find a trend in what people recommend for what you are after.

Jacko said:

you wont achieve much by hanging out asking questions on here. sure u will get a few answers but very slowly and not very informative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service