ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

im looking for just a beginner dh board that i could also learn some sliding on. what board in your opinion is the best ride Nemesis, Evo, Hellcat.

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Third It And The Evo Is To Hard To Switch In Slides

Oliver said:
I second that

leeso said:
glyde
Zane Julian said:
Jacko said:
erm... hellcat? for slides AND dh the 2009 hellcat has it all
I was just looking at the 2009 hellcat sounds good but do you think it will be as stable as a dropdeck
Zane Julian said:
I was just looking at the 2009 hellcat sounds good but do you think it will be as stable as a dropdeck

Stability is probably more to do with trucks than deck. The height of the deck affects stability, but you can modify this with risers (or in the case of drop-through decks, "lowerers").

So the answer to your question is "yes, but it depends".
the answer is not 'yes, but it depends' its just 'yes'.
all decks are stable. even top mounts are stable.
the questions are "how strong are your legs" and "how tight are your trucks"
The hellcat offers an incredible amount of stability because of the drop-thru platform. I think drop-thru decks are just as low, if not lower than lowered boards. Remember a lowered board is still a top-mount, it just has a lowered platform.
I have kookies on my nemesis (lowered deck) and kookies on my hellcat (drop thru) and my hellcat sits lower to the ground than my nemesis does. So given good math you will find that 'in theory' the hellcat will be more stable than the nemesis...

But then again i know guys who can go 120k's on regular topmounts...
Hmm im pretty sure we have had this discussion before......
get one of these you will be king of the mountain!

http://www.hopkin.com.au/tactis-deimos.html
have you thought about a sector 9 flat pin tail with Indy 180's and sector 9 wheels. That was my first Downhill Board for 2 years, and I raced it in South Africa and the USA.
What ever you get you will learn to rip it to pieces. You can do anything on one board. Ramon rode his DH board thru the last slalom race. You will be able to drift, slide bomb and push. You will know everything about your board and the different settings and adjustments you need to ride that particular style. Skate or Die !
Jacko said:
get one of these you will be king of the mountain!

http://www.hopkin.com.au/tactis-deimos.html

its got to look good to bro..... What in the hell !!!!!!!!!!
i gotta sector 9 atm, but it gets wheel bite with my otang in heats unless it sits really high which i dont want for speed.
does anyone know if a hellcat would be a good choice for a freeride board?
an excellent choice... one of the best freeride boards on the market dude
what board is that? do you have to drill your own mounting holes on it? i'm talking about that 'tactis deimos'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service