ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Theres been a debate over the morality of the development of a new slalom truck made in Czech.
Some say they're a GOG rip off. Some believe they're a step fwd. Either way Donald's not happy!
You decide..................
http://mbcko.rajce.idnes.cz/truck_predni_super_tocivy_vyroben_v_CZ_...

Views: 834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

looks rad, there are both new and rip off elements to the design.

the hanger looks like a bennet, the the ajustable part os the base plate looks like a gog and the slide rail is similar to one that I had on one of my paintball guns a few years ago, very cool how they have brought them all together so well, except that you have to take out the bolts to change the baseplate angle.

they look good and if they are cheaper then gogs then I would get them if I was into slalom.

maybe this will kick a few of the other truck manufacturers in the arse and they will lower their prices or they will be a limited run everyone will say they were the only good slalom truck ever made people will resell them for shite loads of cash so anyone that does buy them will say they make you go a million times quicker.

so both statements are true they are a gog rip off in the same way that all short board trucks are a rip off of bennets but they are a step forward as well.
nah not a rip off, they aren't even the same colour haha. it looks like the GOG homer hangers on the foxy baseplate, and then painted like maguns.....
The adjustable baseplate angle is obviously a lend of GOGs, the WB track is a good addition. I have seen designs for a rail but this is the first one that I have seen actually made so good on them. I doubt these will be any lower in price, you just can't make these things for a low price you would need to make 100,000 sets to do that.

The thing about products that pay homage to a design is they tend to help sell more of the original. I would love if they made a reverse kingpin version and an offset back truck version. Can anybody read Czech, do they expect you to ride one of those on the back as well.
I like the idea of the adjustable wheelbase but could be a source of slop/noise . It looks like a rip off fitz .
Fake products is a huge problem worldwide and a symptom of globalization. At least they don't seem to be trying to pass them off as GOGs. I'm more concerned about fake pharmaceuticals and airliner parts than skateboard trucks.

Original or not the rail idea is good. I am lazy and have not yet experimented with wheelbase much, this would make it easy. These guy put it on the boards http://www.ettsexett.com/content/trucks.asp

How hard would it be to make some kind of CNCed riser that allowed any truck on any board to have the wheelbase altered more easily?
I reckon if you can adjust the angle of your trucks you don't need to adjust the length of your wheelbase. Both adjustments achieve the same thing, but adjusting the truck angle has the advantage of being able to change the ratio of steering between front and rear.
Both are vital.
A wheelbase should fit the rider's size, stance and style - it will then feel right underfoot and get better weight ratios.
The board should then be given truck-geometry that gives the board turn to suit it's intended discipline.

While I do believe GOG were the first to release such an elegant solution to a variable pivot-axis
They were definately not the ones to come up with the idea - Their solution while excellent has an observable pedigree.

Gog themselves came under criticism for "rippin off radikal"...
Radikal owes randal/etc
Randal wasn't the first perpendicular, neither was Gullwing.

It's evolution baby.
They may not deliberately of copied them. (I don’t know enough to comment on this but).
From what I have seen all trucks have copied from one design or another and simply attempted to improve upon them. (The evolution of design I suppose).
Most of you guys have probably been thinking up ideas in your head to make trucks better, and have a picture of what you would like. I certainly have and whist looking around have found trucks very similar to what I pictured that I would want.
Until someone make a radical change in design, his is not likely to happen whist they are based on the lean steer model, all anyone is doing is ripping off the original.
they look so good.
so we all owe royalties to the guys who invented roller skates then

Bump. They are very good, I bought Dave M's rig and had some good runs on it today, Dave also had a couple of runs to see how it was. Very different to his rig, but still fast. I just adjusted them slightly again to see how little turn I can get in the back before it slips. When I had a red hot one on Dave's rig I got the back to slip, the offset GOG truck he has fell less turny than the CZ and he also felt mine was more sticky in the back. I still felt it was not tracking as straight as an offset truck so I've gone one notch on the adjustment, had to move the holding bolt to the back position to get the kingpin angle just a tad more back facing than it was. This is about as far back as you can go for the back truck I reckon, otherwise you're not getting contact through the whole arch.

Attachments:

Hmm.

Interesting how you still use a wedge riser.

Are you able to get the angle you want without it, by just using a tall flat riser. That way you keep your deck bolts the same length and they don't need to clamp up at a funny angle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service