ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey lads, first post.

I got a 120-y the other day (still hasnt arrived) but im abit stumpted on what setup to use on it. Ill manily be free riding big slides and all that and a few downhill and bombing runs ive found around me. Got some spare durians 83a and bones reds i may use on it, but im not quite sure. Any ideas on a good setup?

Cheers

Views: 146

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

any decent trucks randal,paris,caliber they all should be fine, id probs go randals 42 degrees because there very good for freeridingand makeyour board that little bit lower and more stable, just may ned to but a little tighter bushings with durians

and the durians should be all good for freeriding

MEGA TSUNAMI RAINSKATES!!!!!

VERY NICE.

UNTIL YOU HIT THE CORE..

Conrad said:

MEGA TSUNAMI RAINSKATES!!!!!
arent all wheels??

wait, no

not all wheels are nice...

but all wheels are definetally worse when you hit the core

http://www.hopkin.com.au/product.php?productid=168912&cat=0&...

http://www.hopkin.com.au/biltin-bearings-abec-7.html

Wheels are iffy to pick. It depends how you ride, what you like, and how willing you are to replace.
Personally i would go with 78a white venom caniballs for an all round wheel.
100% race wheel out of the box, but once they wear in they freeride awesomely as well, oh and in my experience they last almost as long as reflex thane :)

(Your reds and durians will work, biltins are just better than reds, and 83a otang thane sucks balls in the freeride shapes in my experience) 

You should go for a truck like a caliber, it's the perfect in between. If you're using it for mainly freeriding but still adjustable for downhill i would recommend some gullwing 2s. They're the new gullwings. I'd go some 70mm 4prez, try keeping in the 70mm zone with your topmount for freeriding
new gullwings?
Yeah ive been looking at some calibers and they sound and look good, may give them a try... yeah they seem like a good all round wheel aswell. ill look into it all your suggestions, cheers mate

Kelly Carter said:
You should go for a truck like a caliber, it's the perfect in between. If you're using it for mainly freeriding but still adjustable for downhill i would recommend some gullwing 2s. They're the new gullwings. I'd go some 70mm 4prez, try keeping in the 70mm zone with your topmount for freeriding

i have some paris 180 i may take off my other board, see how thet feel underfoot and they have a stiffer bushing in them so should be sweet. yeah i was thinking about getting some randels actually, ill look into them. thanks mate

Jacob Manning said:

any decent trucks randal,paris,caliber they all should be fine, id probs go randals 42 degrees because there very good for freeridingand makeyour board that little bit lower and more stable, just may ned to but a little tighter bushings with durians

and the durians should be all good for freeriding

yeah im not to sure on wheels.. oh nice you know how big they are? but cheers mate ill check them out and let you know how it goes

Jack Nolan said:

http://www.hopkin.com.au/product.php?productid=168912&cat=0&...

http://www.hopkin.com.au/biltin-bearings-abec-7.html

Wheels are iffy to pick. It depends how you ride, what you like, and how willing you are to replace.
Personally i would go with 78a white venom caniballs for an all round wheel.
100% race wheel out of the box, but once they wear in they freeride awesomely as well, oh and in my experience they last almost as long as reflex thane :)

(Your reds and durians will work, biltins are just better than reds, and 83a otang thane sucks balls in the freeride shapes in my experience) 

get a truck like a 42 randal or something with a low degree because the 120-y has an inbuilt wedge of 4 degrees. oh and dont get white cannibals. different batches behave very differently. i had a set i bought from matthys, loved them they lasted about as long as 88a classic thane. then i got another 2 sets from matthys and they suck donkey balls. i cored one set in a day with some fast slides... get 83a cannibals or classic zig zags

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service