ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just got a set of the Sabres as a birthday present from my dad. :)

Thoughts Id pull them apart take a few pics.
They are VERY turny trucks.
They are very nicely finished too.

Views: 563

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ben said:
how do the ride in comparison to the current crop of casts matty?

i just love hte way they feel. i have a set on my pushe board. they have all the 'turniness' of holeys but just lock in stable when at speed. I also have a set on my pagan dh board and love them. super stable with the harder barrel on the bottom.
I think these are some very nice cast trucks. I have yet to ride them properly though.
They look and feel like high quality to me.

@ Dillon.
Nah man, these seem to be pretty light too.
Drop Wedge (9ply) + Kahas and alligators approx 3.65kgs
Kebbek Smoothcut + Sabres and Zig Zags approx 3.65kgs
Rode my Sabres for the first time "properly" at the Pump Station last weekend, setup on the Dilligaf,
THEY ROCK...............and ROLL
happy as a bear at a picanic, Boo Boo.
So so turny and still stable.
Is this truck good for free ride? or only good for bombing

DA BEAR said:
Rode my Sabres for the first time "properly" at the Pump Station last weekend, setup on the Dilligaf,
Have you tried putting elims in the boardside bushing seat?? If so do they fit well?

Matthew Pascoe said:
Have you tried putting elims in the boardside bushing seat?? If so do they fit well?

Pretty sure my brother Pete was running them with an 87a elim for little while. Seemed to fit alright, quite restrictive though.
Cheers Ben

Ben Johnston said:

Matthew Pascoe said:

Pretty sure my brother Pete was running them with an 87a elim for little while. Seemed to fit alright, quite restrictive though.
Elims fit well boardside and are a good way to stop the wheelbite you can sometimes get with these trucks
@Golf,
I rarely do any "bombing" mainly just carving round and the Sabres are great, the Pump Station was
set up as a GS course prob 2.3rds were riding their slalom boards and the rest on longer boards.
@Matthew/Steve,
I've got Sabre green barrel boardside, harder than i'd normally run (i'm 100kg),
to hold the hangers away a bit to stop wheelbite.

Golf said:
Is this truck good for free ride? or only good for bombing

DA BEAR said:
what are you guys talking about......
elims fit crap
sooooo muck fricking slop!!
like at least 3mm
wish venom would make the bottom bit of the elim wider so that there isnt soo muck play in the trucks...
try a harder duro elim. No slop at all in mine
really, i have blue, orange, purple and ive seen reds as well, all of them are at least 2mm smaller in diameter on the bottom than a normal barrel, like if you were to only have the hanger and you put the bushing in, the seat holds the barrel nice and snug, but as soon as you have an elim in there, you can move it about 3mm from side to side....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service