ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Gday all

Saw one of these in a store today. Bought one for some giggles...feel kinda sketch. still deciding on whether i like em or not. What do u guys think?

Tags: banana, board, mini, penny, skateboard

Views: 8171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oath

blake said:
they are shit made for lego people

No, there was a heap of brands. Penny have just re-popularised the plastic banana board that was ubiquitous in the 70s and early 80s. A bit like razor scooters are now, though I hate to compare any skateboard to a razor scooter - at least we grew up riding something that required balance and skill.

I agree that $150 is a bit of a rip-off for a mass-produced plastic deck.

Daniel Sing said:

Did they used to be branded 'Penny' too?

Dave R said:
All us over-30s grew up on these. I've been meaning to get one. Mine disintegrated in about 1985. They're rad.
I'm pretty sure its $150 for the complete, which I reckon isn't too bad. Probably wouldn't buy one though.

That one Bozac posted looks heaps radder
They're from a local who put the design together from two different old school banana boards. He does 7 decks as well. Cool guys... musta made some $$$$$
For $150 i would rather buy my first rebel sports pintail again ;)

its $150 complete. 
and thats on the upper end. I've seen them for as low as $120.

Get an old school one off Ebay freshen up  the wheels and bushing and away you go.

Thats wicked Bozac! And at least the wheelbase is a little longer. I like it more than the Creature Riprider.

Bozac said:

need to get this instead for some street cred with the metal heads

Tim,

You are right. make it a slalom race.

Even longboarders need to get wiggly once in a while!

love em

Be stuffed if im spending $150 on a piece of shit that cost $14 at Kmart back in the day.

Maybe fun to have a ride for shits and giggles but a comp REALY

Love Penny skateboards! Found some online for $99 at www.citybeach.com.au/en/sale/penny-cruisers-from-99-backpacks-shoes...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service