ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey.
I'm buying some new Paris 180mm from Hopkin skate for carving and cruising. A lot of people complain about the stock bushings of the Paris' and i was wondering what bushings you guys ride? Is it that much of an issue that I should replace the bushings as soon as I get them?

Tags: paris, trucks

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they come with venom bushings dude... but if you get a pair with the old bushings its all good coz those are still quality bushings, just a LITTLE bit harder... try em out first dude, im sure you will like them, save you dishing out another $30 on bushings
ride them first
break the sukkas in...
Had a kid come into the shop today and want his bushes changed straight up before he rode them, don't ask me how that works, hadn't even stepped on it yet.
anywho, just rip it then see waht you like running, nothing like breaking them in.
Ok thanks a lot

I'll break em in and hopefully they'll be fine.
The paris have 2 road side conicals, alot of people like all barrels so often change conicals straight up.
Silver trucks have original venom bushings as standard. Black/silver trucks have Paris bushings.
Paris bushings are excellent quality. Break them in a bit, you'll get a lot of life out of them. I rode them forever on my hustler, no complaints.

Standard bushings are getting better. Have to agree with everyone else, try the standard bushings before you replace. The Black randals come with a nice clear red bushing combo. Pink randals (not available) came with a soft black bushing I have never seen before on a Randal, it was like a rubber/urethane bushing. I dont think Randal knew what they were, they just said they chose the bushing on the colour combo for pink truck.
I didn't have a cup washer on my bottom bushing (Venom DH Red) and there is semicircle kinda hole cut into it. I know I need some cup washers now, but do I need a new set of reds? Or are they still fine, when cut into.
they r fine

Jonty said:
I didn't have a cup washer on my bottom bushing (Venom DH Red) and there is semicircle kinda hole cut into it. I know I need some cup washers now, but do I need a new set of reds? Or are they still fine, when cut into.
Hard to tell without seeing them. Tighten down the kingpin, if they blow out then you need new ones. Get cups from bunnings or your local hardware for a quick replacement. Hopshop can send you out some if you put in a request via the contact page. Need to know which bushing you are cupping to get the right size.

Jonty said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service