ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The ASRA crew are are now ensconced in their luxury villa in Bathurst, preparing for the coming weekend. Grom Cooper is here with us on work experience and he just made a delicious pizza - nice one Coops.

We've been working hard, busy posing with money:

and fake money:

and tomorrow it'll be time to put out the hay bales. The vert ramp was built today, and the top of the mountain is starting to turn into a festival site.

Stay tuned to this thread for more of the inside info. When the race starts (Friday morning folks!) I'll be posting some commentary here.

Tags: newton's, newtons

Views: 822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sue,

I wish I could say that I put up all the prize money but I only did a small bit to support the work the ASRA team put in to make NN what it is.

Congratulations everyone involved, without the tireless work of the core group that organises something like this and then the support of the multitude of volunteers that work the track, etc all weekend, setup bales, pack them away, etc etc etc the event wouldn't happen. I am proud to be able to do the little I do to help and hopefully next year I'll be able to get away and race again (fingers crossed).

So, now to get my hands dirty and start the organising of BtB11, see you all on Mt Stuart in May!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Ado

Sue Wickenden said:
LOL. Thank you for sponsoring Classic and Street Luge Ado and for putting up all the prize money.

Adrian Alderson said:
Is that like 3 number 2's and a number 1???? Messy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Wickenden said:
Brad, did you get a #7?
!
Yea mate, it was a huge step by the ASRA crew and it is going to be a hard act to follow for any other event. Here's looking forward to a long and event full partnership of ASRA, Hopshop and Cre8ive to keep this sport growing in all forms for the future.

Cheers mate

Ado

Hop said:
As Ado said, ASRA gave away more money than what the sponsors put in. So Ado didn't put ALL the money up.

This year ASRA returned a bigger percentage of the entry fee money as prize money. It was a decision ASRA made last year, that they should try to step up prize money. To do that, it can not all come from sponsors. ASRA loves the sponsors, I'm one of them, and it would be hard to do events without them. In 2009 Ado saved the day with his awesome support. This year it was equally generous.

Big tip of the hat off to ASRA for pushing themselves to make a commitment to the competitors to give out more prize money.

Sue Wickenden said:
Thank you for sponsoring Classic and Street Luge Ado and for putting up all the prize money.

Adrian Alderson said:
Is that like 3 number 2's and a number 1???? Messy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Wickenden said:
Brad, did you get a #7?
!
Hi Guys,

Just got home and thought I had better say a BIG THANK YOU! to all that helped put on the Event this year.

The ASRA Crew, Volunteers, who not only had to put up with the locals, the weather, the festival management and the competitors, Well Done.

Also a big THANKS!!! goes out to the sponsors, awesome keep supporting us.

All up a Great Time was had.

Cheers,

Shane
Hi all

Another huge thanks to all, especially the volunteers and ASRA crew, another great event.

Rain was unfortunate, but kind of rad all the same!
Its hard to top what everyone has already said so well done and thanks to the volunteers, ASRA, sponsers, and riders
Was a fun weekend of racing with the standard of riding blowing last years away by most.
The track was fast with the crew on the bails doing great work keeping the track green.
Shame about the weather on sunday but it made for some mad runs down the mountain.
Another Newtons done and dusted and just like previous years the bar was raised to new heights yet again! Well done and thank you to all the ASRA crew, the volunteers and marshals that stood in the rain all Sunday! and the sponsors who helped out and made this event happen.

Really bummed about the rain on Sunday but the new format that was trialled for this event allowed for the same amount of runs on Friday/Saturday than what we previously had over 3 days in years gone by so plenty of racing was had by all!

Fantastic weekend and can't wait to do it all again next year!
hey guys,
just a quick message of thanks to everyone who organised newtons and a VERY special thanks to those that were there when i crashed...
was creared of fractures and breaks, however cant really see what the real damage is until the swelling goes down and i get home to see a doc...
BUT the ambo's were able to save my leathers THANK FUCK!!!
...its all down to getting my ankles and feet better now...am crawling around with crutchs....VERY useful considering weight on either foot is producing obscenities that have rarely left my lips before.
\in anycase....FOOTAGE???
lol am keen to see how i got a couple of the bruised that popped up...they are in the most obscure places lol.

Thanks again guys...looking forward to the next one.....Forests elbow is going to be my bitch..
xox emmy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service