ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think for starters piggy backing on one of the long distance bike events might be good. Or starting with a shorter ride. Most people won't own dedicated pushing boards so seriously long distances could be a problem.

Hamish I was half serious about my old Rolls Rolls, basically if I replace it with a new one, which I am thinking about, you can have the old one. I'll keep you informed. The New Zealand record holder Rob needed to use extra wide trucks off a mountain board (250 - 300mm?) to keep it stable and the Long Board Larry company created a custom hitch.

Anyone up for a stand up paddle comp? They have held one in the US I think, I've made a paddle out of a long piece of aluminium pole, yet to be tested, should be good for keeping the local dogs off me at least.
Yep my ds has a whitish sheet of vishus where my frount foot goes with a drip pattern apering
no blood or tears yet.
Im up for it too, I ride from mt eliza to cranbbourne almost evryday on my dh race poor thing is allready sratched to shit house....
Im up for it too, I ride from mt eliza to cranbbourne almost evryday on my dh race poor thing is allready sratched to shit house....concrate wave had a story of a couple of dude who skated a masive distance, will find it when I get home but from momory they used demonseeds I thik one was moded though...
I really want to do some more long distance stuff with a home made kahuna stick to build up my upper body
I think one had a demonseed the other had a Subsonic LDP,
I think there was a story about them on Silverfish.
It might have been the "Push for the Twins" event.

Callum O'callaghan-daft said:
Im up for it too, I ride from mt eliza to cranbbourne almost evryday on my dh race poor thing is allready sratched to shit house....concrate wave had a story of a couple of dude who skated a masive distance, will find it when I get home but from momory they used demonseeds I thik one was moded though...
this was paul kent's setup when he did that trip in peru...

9 inches wide (extra narrow), yet still has concave, short (fork) nose so it doesn't drag when I'm towing it around while walking Its less weight than other demonseed deelites.
Outfitted with Tracker fastracks (flippable) with custom sgs 10mm axles, Siesmic 85mm high rebound wheels with a light weight "energy conversion core", and a 80a jimz (base) and 85a venom barrell bushing (top) in the front, and a 83a jimz base and a 90a venom in the rear. (jimz's in the base wont play with the geometry of the board)

if you organize a push race hamish im up for it! (i'll try and take on as much as i'm physically capable of :)
looks more like a nemesis than a demonseed
Sydney - Wollongong. Is this route longboard friendly?

I'm way into a push race, it would be awesome. Let's get some route ideas up on here.
In Melbourne we have Beaumaris to bridge (the westgate )and back all on bike paths so very safe and legal about 40km
east link toll way has a awsome bike path with plenty of up and downhill bits up to 10% grade tight hair pins bridge crossings it's total radness for a bike path .
I have to constuct a well worded email and there is a posibility of east link sponsoring and endorsing a push race witch would be awsome. Both are legit eatherway.

haggy said:

I'm way into a push race, it would be awesome. Let's get some route ideas up on here.
nah not really unless you went through helensburgh and the back roads. some fun little hills could be skated on the way from the gong to coledale but i'm not sure how the road surface is through the national parks to sutherland. i have uni break til march so if it is before then i'm keen to fly to a different capital city for it if it is for a good cause

haggy said:
Did a 7 hr push through Vancouver, no idea on how far that was but could hardly walk the next day.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service