ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

holy cow that is a fair effort, i dont mind some cruising skating, i havent done near your distance but today i skated a good 12 km on my dh setup, nemesis with randals and 75mm 83a otangs, thats pushing
skated 5klm d/h run 15 times in one day=75klm...either way pushin or bombin the legs kno about it.
Good run Hamish,
The furtherest i've goen so far is 17km according to google. I use a loaded vanguard on paris with o'tangs. It's more of a bounce than a pump, but has the benfit of being a realy light set up. It's good for the push, light when carrying uit up hill, and can cope with the occasional downhill that you come across for LDP.

I like to plan for long flat runs, where the pump comes into its own. google long distance pumping if you want more info. Looks like another sub culture of skating. Very different from the downhill or slalom crowd but tlooks like they have a lot of fun none the less. Not sure where you are, but in Brisbane, there are great long flat runs on either side of the river.
I used to skate to work. It was 5 km each way, and almost dead flat. I pumped the whole thing - that's what taught me how to pump. I would arrive at work completely exhausted.
i got a nice run to school which is nearly 2km, i ride my free ride deck cos you hit 50 on the way home if you tuck, i just push because my board is so low the ground and rolls really smoothly
sounds like you wanna go further hamish i would be down i need to lose weight how long did it take you to push 50ks??
43km - From Clayton down to Mentone then up along the beach to Melbourne CBD. Was riding Dervish / Paris 180 / O'tang inheat 80A. Pump/push for around 3.5hrs. The bike path along the beach is an epic ride. Once the weather improves, we should organize a group long distance skate!
when I was in the UK a few years ago, there was a story about an Englishman that skated across the Nullarbor from Perth to Sydney I think... maybe ending at Cogee I spose? ,)
seconded

Fendy said:
43km - From Clayton down to Mentone then up along the beach to Melbourne CBD. Was riding Dervish / Paris 180 / O'tang inheat 80A. Pump/push for around 3.5hrs. The bike path along the beach is an epic ride. Once the weather improves, we should organize a group long distance skate!
Brad B said:
when I was in the UK a few years ago, there was a story about an Englishman that skated across the Nullarbor from Perth to Sydney I think... maybe ending at Cogee I spose? ,)

I met him by chance down at Rushcutters Bay Park - Dave was his name I think. His left quad and his right calf were enormously muscled from always using the same leg to push. I had a roll on his Rolls Rolls.
Indeed Guff I want to go a lot further.
I've planted the seed of thort and now just have to Make it happen.
In 2011 I am going to skate from Townsville to Melbourne.
Need to find some sponcers and a good corse todo it for.
1st and formost will be for the challange.
In the process of board selection?
lbl pusher with trailer isthe front runner at the mo
subsonic raven 42 looks ok too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service