ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

how fast could this go? like say i flipped the grizzlies too 47 degrees with the 925 would it work as a speedboard?   im just thinking if i spend lots on a board i want to make sure it can do everything i might try :)
i sprained my ankle so i have lots of time to look on the internet at boards for the next few weeks, unfortunately i wont be able to actually skate anywhere :-(

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

aha you guys still dont get it. i wasnt asking for an actual speed. like i didnt know the 9two5 was made for speedboarding. like if id said can i use a dervish as a speedboard you would all say no too much flex and camber doesnt work well. i was just asking if this board had any traits that would make it difficult to use as a speedboard. only one person actually said "yes it will work fine as a speedboard"

and the magun thing was a joke. we need an imply sarcasm button on here im strugglin to convey it properoly most days.

i think i phrased my question wrong aswell. like i meant it in the terms of most people say dont take a dervish over 50k's without lots of skill, thats what i meant with this. but it seems clear that it is stiff enough and well built enough to use as a speedboard.

Jacko said:
nah man, wont work as a speedboard, if you dedicate it to speedboarding it just wont roll. you will have to pick it up and walk down the hill coz it just wont work.
seriously though dude. yes, it will 'work'... fuck a landyachtz dingy can 'work' as a speedboard if you got enough skill to ride it!
And whoever told you that about maguns obviously has never even ridden on them or in fact know anything about them. In his theory kahalanis, aeras, girzzleys, randals, paris, trackers, crails, and all those trucks without sphericals must be twitchy. its not the trucks being twitchy, its the lack of skill to ride a skateboard that makes them twitchy

so back to the setup, how fast can it go? i dunno man how fast do you want to go? there is no 'speed limit' to what ever trucks/wheels you put on, it comes down to YOUR SKILL... it really makes me sad when i see questions asked like this. maybe just use a little common knowledge before asking a question like this next time ok? usually if you just think for a second you will realize that you wont even need to ask the question, and realize you just need to get off the computer and go ride your skateboard

Jack Nolan said:
i heard maguns were twitchy because they dont have a spherical. comments? xD

but honestly though would this work as a dedicated speedboard?
p.s. jacko i cant go ride i sprained my ankle last night and may be off to get x-rays on monday. untill its better my time will be spent discussing and considering boards on the internet.
i dont think many people actually own a 925 to tell you that sorta info
aha it hasnt stopped everyone giving me their opinion ;-)

Andrew G said:
i dont think many people actually own a 925 to tell you that sorta info
no offence to landy.
but all there boards (i have stood on) are very stiff.
thats because most landy dh boards are thick as shit which makes them strong as shit, i myself like a thick board for dh eg landy and kebbek as you dont want your board breaking everytime you hit a guard rail or bomb it off a cliff
i'm planning on getting a similar setup just with 50 degree randals and some soft reflex bushings, seriously the board is made for all sorts of freeride, shuvits, super fast drifting and standys. should be a sweeeeeet setup bro. make sure you take some rad photos of you ripping on it
342.45 cm.

Plato would be proud of me!

Jacko said:
how long is a piece of string?
Jack Nolan said:
aha you guys still dont get it.... like if id said can i use a dervish as a speedboard you would all say no too much flex and camber doesnt work well.

you CAN use a dervish as a speedboard. i know people that do. its been said many times before, "its not the ride, its the rider". look at James Kelly for instance, heaps of videos of him charging down hills on his dervish the same way he would on his avenger.
its a stiff drop through deck on some good reverse kigpin trucks, it will be stable for sure
yyeah but would u advise it?
if i posted saying whats a good first speedboard, would anyone say, you should get a dervish because james kelly can use one.

leighgriffiths said:
Jack Nolan said:
aha you guys still dont get it.... like if id said can i use a dervish as a speedboard you would all say no too much flex and camber doesnt work well.

you CAN use a dervish as a speedboard. i know people that do. its been said many times before, "its not the ride, its the rider". look at James Kelly for instance, heaps of videos of him charging down hills on his dervish the same way he would on his avenger.
ha, i managed to clog my own thread
he did say
"i sprained my ankle so i have lots of time to look on the internet at boards for the next few weeks, unfortunately i wont be able to actually skate anywhere :-(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service