ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Instead of dishing out 150 bucks for an Indoboard, why not make one yourself?

I spent a week trying to buy one of these farkers in brazil, not a single surf, skate or sports store knew what i was talking about, so i decided to make one.

What you will need:

1. A sheet of plywood as thick and as long you want your balance board to be, Mine is about a metre long and 14 inches [36cm] wide.

2. Two strips of plywood 5cm wide and the same length as your board is wide.

3. A piece of PVC pipe 36cm long and 110cm wide.

4. Screws, Screwdriver and some duct tape.

Heres what you gotta do, its pretty damn simple.

Take the board and screw the two strips of ply on the bottom at each end:

These act as stoppers so you cant roll the board off the roller.

Then you take the PVC pipe and wrap duct tape around the pipe on each end, it should look something like this.

And the finished product:

I sanded the corners of my board down to avoid ankle killing, i would advise doing so as these things cause carnage ;)

Now i get to go spend 3 weeks in a jungle with no paved roads. Gonna be a lot of dirt boarding and extreme indoboard gnar.

Hope you find this helpful, skateordie.

Gabe

Tags: DIY, balance, board, fuckyeah, gnar, indoboard, indoor, make, scbs, skate

Views: 5173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha...
had fun on one of these yesterday at hop shop with haggy jacko nick and ilan...
nice tute man need more of this sort of thing on asra, did this with a two litre softdrink bottle and a skateboard
good work man. might do the same....
carpet on the board for a soft feel
or a thin layer of foam
also, if your using it on wooden floor, put a towel or rug on the ground or its a bit slippery

Owen said:
carpet on the board for a soft feel
find that out for yourself did we, you could use clothe tape that way it might grip the floor better
Back home I just took an old short board and filled up a big bottle of water. All tough mine could roll of the roller thingy and would eventually smash in the wall lol.
rad bro....ok then lets see some footage..... im putting out the challege,,ill get mine out of the shed...bring it
Hey Gabe, this is good work. I'm a technical writer and guys like you make my job look too easy.
looks like a giant nipple

tim said:
This is my homemade balance board, a bit harder than a indo board.Good for core strength!

Haha Jacko... Read my mind!
i made one of those a while ago when i was doing some ankle rehab. only i used an old trick deck as the board instead of something with stoppers either end. of course that idea didn't do my ankle much good at all, as i found it wasn't hard to roll the board off the roller.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service