ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Thanks for signing up. What are your thoughts? Does the site make sense? What do you think would make the place more useful or easier to understand?

Tags: meta, ning

Views: 1249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sean meaney said:

hey what has happened to the group pages?

They're where they always have been:
http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/groups

Question for you Sean - why is your profile pic broken? It's broken on every browser and every PC I use.

I noticed there's no more wall on the SSSS group... that's maybe what Sean is talking about.

yes exactly, no wall.

bugs, i tried fixing my profile pic but no longer give a damn hahaha

Ben Wa said:

I noticed there's no more wall on the SSSS group... that's maybe what Sean is talking about.

Sean I reset your profile pic to the roo

Ben Wa said:

I see what you mean. All the walls have gone from the groups. I'll look into it.

and normally on the homepage theres like 3-4 top groups there not their either...

yep, what he said.

Matt Ryan said:

and normally on the homepage theres like 3-4 top groups there not their either...

Sorry guys my bad, I was mucking around with some backend stuff. It just took me a day to put action an reaction together, the groups issue is now fixed

thanks for the fix.. thought there might be something wrong with my browser. =]

Robbo said:

Sorry guys my bad, I was mucking around with some backend stuff. It just took me a day to put action an reaction together, the groups issue is now fixed

Great site. Loads of knowledge out there to tap into. Great people.

However-

It's a shame that there are a few idiots / bullies that seem to think it is their right to throw abuse at other members for no reason.

Sure, yell about safety, but not about ignorance of the sport. Especially for the new to the sport. Everyone was new at some stage, or don't they remember.

It is amazing how abusive some people can be over the computer, but meet them face to face and I would like to see how verbal they are willing to be.

So if you haven't got something constructive to say shut up!

Has some of the old data base been made redundant from this site?

I see the same old questions coming up again and again but when I try and search the forums for reply's I've made in the past I can't find them.

I put in a good amount of effort answering (as best I can) some of the questions and problems thinking it would create a rich base of knowledge. Does it all just go to the recycle bin after a period of time?

Nah its all in there, its just the search algorithms of the site are inadequate. It doesn't do relevance very well and barely finds keywords. Hopefully this can be improved in time and all the good stuff will be easily searchable again

Fitz said:

Has some of the old data base been made redundant from this site?

I see the same old questions coming up again and again but when I try and search the forums for reply's I've made in the past I can't find them.

I put in a good amount of effort answering (as best I can) some of the questions and problems thinking it would create a rich base of knowledge. Does it all just go to the recycle bin after a period of time?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service