ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

im looking to buy DH speed set up but not sure if i really need to spend $115 on 90mm wheels, reason is so that i dont have to replace wheels often if i was to use the board 3times a week or on a regular basis.

would 76mm wheels be ideal first and then try the 90mms ill be Down hilling and carving in and out of streets so im looking for wheels that ll have awsum grip but yet good wear for say 6months.... ow long do wheels last for you??

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

tangs or bigz...cant go wrong really.

i will also vote for the EW superballs.
whered ya find ew superballs in oz? seems like there aren't any EW stockists here..

Ben said:

Ben said:

I take it you got em from the states?
They look just like a zig. How do they roll?
i feel big wheels with cores do go faster than smaller, but you certainly lose the feel and control than smaller as bigger ones seem to skip , slide out on corners, you need to be a farken great rider to be taken hairpins on 90+ mm wheels
EW superballs were indeed imported from the states- there is a stockist in the phillipines, but not here.

the superballs are a 76mm wheel which was designed with 2 other companies through Labeda. 60mm contact patch, they only come in 82a but i've gotta say- i really like them...

they "micro chunk" if you know what i mean....think hawaii K gritty chunking as they wear....all the older riders will know what i mean....

definately an overlooked wheel.
Hey Leadfoot,
PC was rolling his front zigs the exact same way about a year or so ago to reduce the track width so he could negotiate bug's insane cone challenges. It worked good enough, he came 3rd that year.
Good thinking dude. Sometimes you gotta do what's not classed as "normal" to achieve a varied result.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service