ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Australian Independent Skateboard Manufacturers

Our brothers at charliedontskate have created a new forum titled Australian Independent Skateboard Manufacturers. It's a place for board builders to swap info and show off their inventions.

Fitz has been first:

Tags: DIY, backyard, board builders, charliedontskate, cottage industry

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

damn thats a nice homemade.
always like the rogers 3 piece design.

i am thinking that maybe this thread should keep going as our tribute to that website and to builder here on ASRA....

Lates GLYDEaus. deck. made by pete and myself. Bamboo, carbon and glass. the deck isn't super light, which was kind of the be expected considering it was the first attempt, but the next will be alot better, with more carbon, less glass, and a balsa / foam core.
ok this is floating round my head so its a an idea.

im thinking about making boards to sell, however i dont wanna go nuts like xpload(thats ridiculously good) i just like building. so do you guys think with economy the way it is i start making "entry level" speed boards. top mounts and drop thrus running about 100 to 120 bucks. basic boards to get people started.so what do you think?? oh all boards would be made from 4 to 5 layers of 4 mm hoop pine marine grade. hence why the are the price cheaper.

woah this i worded really badly.

let me know

dave
Sounds alright, but the way it is, noone will be able to get their own trucks wheels etc. if they are beginners. You're probably better off setting them up as completes. With randals and maybe zigs/otangs you could make a pretty sweet deal to a surf/skate store in town and sell them for like 300 complete. Then the store sells them for 400-450, basically what the sector 9's cost.

So cost of board is like
wood = 20 (doing 3 layers of 4mm with a possible layer of uni glass)
trucks = 90
otangs = 80
bearings = 25
glass = 10
epoxy = 20 (for the whole board)
total = almost 250

Plus they then have the selling advantage of saying that the boards are hand made, with teh fiberglazz and using the best quality components on the market.

Just my thoughts

davey said:
ok this is floating round my head so its a an idea.

im thinking about making boards to sell, however i dont wanna go nuts like xpload(thats ridiculously good) i just like building. so do you guys think with economy the way it is i start making "entry level" speed boards. top mounts and drop thrus running about 100 to 120 bucks. basic boards to get people started.so what do you think?? oh all boards would be made from 4 to 5 layers of 4 mm hoop pine marine grade. hence why the are the price cheaper.

woah this i worded really badly.

let me know

dave
nick

good idea but i wouldnt want to do this because then i am entering the world of combinations. where do you stop. randal, crail, fast traks, force, bear, paris. and the list for wheels even bigger. its a good idea but i dont have money or time to set up that kind of operation.

also i wouldnt want to take business away form people like hop and a drain. i understand that by making boards i am but hopefully once theyve gotten the bug theyll go to one of these places and buy and keep my board as a loaner or sell it to some one in the same spot they were when they started. its to get the this sence rolling.

dave
davey said:
...also i wouldnt want to take business away form people like hop and a drain....

It might make sense to think about producing a bunch of decks and selling them wholesale to Hop and Adrain, and let them put trucks and wheels etc on them.
i want one of them.
badly haha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service