ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

As I write there are 899 members of this website. 

Who's willing to estimate a date for the 1,000th member to join? I'm guessing March 16.

Should there be a party? It seems like a milestone.

Tags: meta

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if there's a party, it will have to be fairy bread and cordial ,)
about 110 full association members
I'd say... April 12th 5th... (Sorry if that seems a little negative)
I too have been watching the member count every now and again...good clean fun unlike this silly skating crap.
when there are 1000 active members it will be something to celebrate, just having 1000 members dont mean too much in the scheme of things unless they are all out there skateboarding
You get to compete is ASRA events
You get 10% off at the Hopshop
You get a warm fuzzy feeling
Your $30 allows others to put in 1000s of dollars of their time and feel like people give a dam

ASRA is run by skaters for skaters and the cost of running the association is born by only a few so don't think what you get from ASRA for your very small contribution of $30 think what else you may be able to do to contribute to ASRA and contribute to the greater scene. Maybe next time there is an event on don't compete just help out instead. We have a lot of friends that put in there professional time for no pay to help us do things and they feel honored to do so.

The alternative Merrick is we get sick of doing it, we shutdown the website, stop the events and you go back to skating with your next-door neighbor.

Merrick Wildash said:
Whats the benefit for being a paid up member?
I havn't noticed any difference lol. Robbo said:
about 110 full association members
Yeh forgot the most important thing you also get to nominate for and vote on ASRA board positions at the AGM which will be coming up very soon
There many more than a 1000 active longboard skaters out there at the moment. Most of them have not heard of ASRA and racing but believe me they are there and they are sessioning and cruising with their buddies right now and they are buying gear. There are near a 1000 active on asra now and a further 5000 that regularly come to the asra website but don't sign up with usernames. The 1000 on ASRA are real people I know because I spend hours of my time culling the user list of people that aren't upto spec. This is not Facebook, if there is a hint that you don't skate or you don't have a good reason for becoming a member you get cut, if I didn't do that we would already be way over 1000 members but its the quality that we're are after. We created this website to try to pull these people together but we need to convert a good percentage of these people to full association members to give us government credibility.

sean meaney said:
when there are 1000 active members it will be something to celebrate, just having 1000 members dont mean too much in the scheme of things unless they are all out there skateboarding

On a side note, in the last 30 day period on the website we had 27,000 visits from 6,200 unique people creating 262,000 hits or pageviews. These are very big numbers that improve by between 15-20 percent every month
that number is rising pretty quickly, im gonna say March 22nd. i completely forgot about the hopshop discount as well so thats a bonus on top of contributing a few bucks to help the costs of basically running the entire australian downhill/slalom scene. is it still 30 bucks for the second year as well bugs? and is the date for renewal coming up soon?
The date for renewal is June 30.

We have been negotiating with our insurance company recently to create an accident insurance policy for our members. This would increase the cost of ASRA membership and likely be put to a vote at the AGM. This would have to be all in or none in to keep the premium manageable. This is only available to us because we spend about $7000 a year on insurance at the moment so we are considered a substantial customer.

The guts of it are all full association members would receive full medical cover for injures and between 6-12 months of income insurance when:

-Competing in an Australian race
-Competing in an Overseas race
-Training for skateboard racing meaning all freeride and DH sessions would be covered for personal injury and would qualify you for income replacement for upto 12 months in case of serious injury such as reconstructions or head injuries and what not that may put you out of work

as a rough estimate this would likely increase the cost of an ASRA membership to about $100 p/a but as I have said this will likely be put to our members at the AGM for a vote
sounds awesome robbo,id pay and sign up for that for sure.
for sure, i'm paying nearly 3k for accident insurance at the moment!
unfortunately i seem to be getting my moneys worth!
dudes,i tried but no-one would insure me!with my job description and my pasttime!........so your actually covered henry for skating injuries?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service