ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I'm $130 ish off enough for a complete Evo setup. Should I get the Evo or a different one?

BTW which trucks in the setup? And which wheels?

Thanks.

Views: 134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

its not that appealing eh.....
Cheers Phil,

why gullwings though? How do they compare with R-II 180s and Tracker Fastracks??

JudgeK said:
spoilt for choice............damn, think back a year or 2 and anything decent was like gold dust, now it's a $64k question which board to ride.

Jonty get the OMNI, with the Gullwings mixed pair and Big O'tangs or Retro Zigs. Your size and weight will suit the set up well and i think it's a bargain set up too.
jonty........
are you buying a setup to satisfy your own desires,
or is it a quest for popularity and social acceptance?
I'm looking for something to stand on and go down hills without falling off.

I don't think any 15 year old would spend $350 to find social acceptance.

Fitz said:
jonty........
are you buying a setup to satisfy your own desires,
or is it a quest for popularity and social acceptance?
Just about every 15 year old in the world would spend $350 to make them selves more popular. God know I would have and everybody else on this site would've to. If you can be socially acceptable and not fall off your board at speeds of 60ks and up that is a bonus to!
buying a $350 board wont make u be able to stand on a skateboard and go down a hill... thats skill, and you should be able to go down a hill on any board. what ever you get, you learn to use. you havent tried anything else really so you will never know what is good compared to what. if you learn to ride the shittest trucks then sick dude you will rip when u try better ones. buy what ever fits your budget and learn to use it. and buy your own board, not what people tell you to use. everyone has their own opinion and skateboarding is so sick that you really wanna blab out about what you know coz you know everyone else gets stoked on it, but when it comes down to choosing gear you know everyone is going to say something different.... so buy a board and go skate it, what ever it may be.

skate or die
Thanks for all your advice.

Always gotta love Dani's comments.

For trucks that 10" Gullwing downhill combo from Hopkin looks good: comes with a 50* and a 35* or should I just go for two 35* bombers? coz 72* with 50s lawl, Jacko can handle it DH but I probably cant.

Otangs or bigzigs? I'm learning to slide.

Venoms? which kind and duro?

Thanks for all the advice and thanks for setting this all up on the site jacko.
Jacko said:
if you learn to ride the shittest trucks then sick dude you will rip when u try better ones.

skate or die

True most of the time.......
I bought more expensive trucks and I'm still average. Haha!

Jonty, don't take me the wrong way mate. I'm not busting your ball bearings here.
Jacko summed it up what I meant. His sounded nicer thats all. :)
Jonty, it's fine to ask for advice, but the problem is that you get lots of it, and it all varies, and you don't have the experience to know which advice to take and which to ignore. There's no real solution to that problem, so I'll just add my own advice to the pile.

Deck: Omni (it's good value)
Trucks: Gullwing Bombers (35 deg) or Randal 180s (35 deg) (whichever is cheaper)
Wheels: Lime BigZigs or Orange Orangatangs In Heats (whichever is cheapest)
Bearings: Whatever's cheapest
Bushings: Get Venoms in every duro so you can experiment. (It makes sense to spend your money on bushings rather than anything else.)

It's a really good setup.
Well summed up Jacko, I wanna go skate now!
All right, I get ya then :p

Fitz said:
Jacko said:
if you learn to ride the shittest trucks then sick dude you will rip when u try better ones.

skate or die

True most of the time.......
I bought more expensive trucks and I'm still average. Haha!

Jonty, don't take me the wrong way mate. I'm not busting your ball bearings here.
Jacko summed it up what I meant. His sounded nicer thats all. :)
Cool, thanks for that setup,

I want to try the standard venoms on the front and DH venoms on the back, so I might have to buy and extra set...

I hope to ride Duff's OMNI this weekend but if I like it I reckon this will be it:

-OMNI DH deck
-Gullwing Bombers (both 35* coz the front is already wedged 22*)
-Orangatang In heats 80A
-Bones Reds
-Venom standards at the front and venom DH at the back (the back ones harder than the front)
-1/2" soft risers

Bugs said:
Jonty, it's fine to ask for advice, but the problem is that you get lots of it, and it all varies, and you don't have the experience to know which advice to take and which to ignore. There's no real solution to that problem, so I'll just add my own advice to the pile.
Deck: Omni (it's good value) Trucks: Gullwing Bombers (35 deg) or Randal 180s (35 deg) (whichever is cheaper) Wheels: Lime BigZigs or Orange Orangatangs In Heats (whichever is cheapest)
Bearings: Whatever's cheapest
Bushings: Get Venoms in every duro so you can experiment. (It makes sense to spend your money on bushings rather than anything else.)

It's a really good setup.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service