ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

so recently i have been sliding some 4's (the four skateboard company cruiser wheels they are white 70mm) and i really like them but they slide too much and when i do big power slides they ice and chatter. i was looking for some wheels that stay smooth controllable and predictable for relatively big checks and powerslides. suggestions? also what durometer ?

Views: 562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

81a classic thane zig zags are quite controlled and give you the perfect amount of drift through your slides when theyre not worn down. this is good for your predrifts and checks. when worn in they wont chatter

 

but when you get past the lip on the wheel, you'll find that you will be icing out quite alot and hitting the gutter

How can icy wheels chatter? 

aha dude zigs are fine when they are past the lip, if your icing out you just gotta learn to control it

Jack Bain said:

81a classic thane zig zags are quite controlled and give you the perfect amount of drift through your slides when theyre not worn down. this is good for your predrifts and checks. when worn in they wont chatter

 

but when you get past the lip on the wheel, you'll find that you will be icing out quite alot and hitting the gutter

hey dave just checking your serious about those vaults? ive had vaults before which were crap but if these ones are actually as good as you say ill get some

ive only iced out once coz im just past the lip now. by far the best wheels ive riden 

charlie harris said:

aha dude zigs are fine when they are past the lip, if your icing out you just gotta learn to control it

Jack Bain said:

81a classic thane zig zags are quite controlled and give you the perfect amount of drift through your slides when theyre not worn down. this is good for your predrifts and checks. when worn in they wont chatter

 

but when you get past the lip on the wheel, you'll find that you will be icing out quite alot and hitting the gutter

Why would I not be serious about it?....

I already said they're nothing like the other Vault urethanes.

They're more buttery and predictable than my 81a freerides.


Will Smith said:

hey dave just checking your serious about those vaults? ive had vaults before which were crap but if these ones are actually as good as you say ill get some

centerset abec 11 freerides are super smooth and dont make a sound. recommend them

what do you guys think about zombie hawgs?

Yeah matty zombies are great! i got a set of 2010 80a or 81a ones ( white ones ) of yate dawg on saturday and they feel like classic zigs straight out of the packet

I have heard many things about those 65mm vault wheels my friend has review them 

http://jonnyhurn.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/vault-slide-wheels-review/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2020   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service