ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sydney downhill does not exist. No one skates down mountain roads. Everyone here sticks to the suburbs and local bombs. There are no good downhill runs in sydney. Everything is flat.

Please do not ask where to go skateboarding, because we dont know. We dont actually skate in sydney, we all ride scooters...

...Nek Minit

Views: 3589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

stop being pussys and taken arvin to the Gnar!

Arvin - step it up bro, to go 7-pins and check out some gnar action, theres only one way to learn my friend! and hey if its too much you can drive for the boys and watch how its done
i thought we were doing megalong and hawks? I aint making the plans just tagging along wherever
well initially we were goin down to gnarsville,but there was only me,kam and gab,and thought it was along way to go to have to drive every 2nd run,...so decided to save the mission til we had a 4th and preferable 5th person,so i thought do the easier mission and go to the blueys...........then after that arvin decided to come,...but since that he is probably gunna regularly roll with us now,its probs a good idea that were goin to hawks,initiate him,prepare him slightly for wat lies ahead......not that hawks is anything like 7 pins,but i figure if he cant stay in his lane and handle hawks,he can forget 7 pins for a while,but all goin well,after he rips up hawks u can join us at 7 pins next week arvin........
thanks benbro! haha sorry if im keeping you guys from going to 7 pins

Benbro said:
well initially we were goin down to gnarsville,but there was only me,kam and gab,and thought it was along way to go to have to drive every 2nd run,...so decided to save the mission til we had a 4th and preferable 5th person,so i thought do the easier mission and go to the blueys...........then after that arvin decided to come,...but since that he is probably gunna regularly roll with us now,its probs a good idea that were goin to hawks,initiate him,prepare him slightly for wat lies ahead......not that hawks is anything like 7 pins,but i figure if he cant stay in his lane and handle hawks,he can forget 7 pins for a while,but all goin well,after he rips up hawks u can join us at 7 pins next week arvin........
i think hes gonna be fine... look at Kam for instance... 2nd or 3rd day doing any sort of downhill he tackled MacPass AND 7 pins, now hes a full on shredder...

jump straight into the deep end i say!
its got a gnarly amount of traffic too

Merrick Wildash said:
I like the deep end. lol

Take me to MacPass looks like a gnarly road on Google maps

Jacko said:
i think hes gonna be fine... look at Kam for instance... 2nd or 3rd day doing any sort of downhill he tackled MacPass AND 7 pins, now hes a full on shredder...

the good thing with MacPass is if you know how to stay in ur lane your ok. There are double white lines and plenty of room on the inside of the sharp corners for the up-hill traffic to use so they give downhill traffic lots of room. Ive gone down that hill and have trucks come up and met them in the hairpins and we both had more than enough room to exchange smiles and long distance hi-fives... but yeah ONLY if you know how to hold your own lane is that hill safe

Steve said:
its got a gnarly amount of traffic too

Merrick Wildash said:
I like the deep end. lol

Take me to MacPass looks like a gnarly road on Google maps

Jacko said:

And gnarly coppers
yeh,mc pass is definately a bit more tame than 7 pins,.....i feel some slight responsibility tho if we tour in my car and someone whos not quite ready yet was to get fucked up bad,.....as much as we would love to go crazy on these hills,we have to be realistic and be a bit careful as far as over encouraging newbs[no offence to anyone]but it does require some experience,..
we all have worked up to these hills,was more luck than good management probably,as the gnar has not long been getting ridden,but i dont kno about being thrown in the deep end as a newb in this sport,maybe on a closed track[eg.newtons]...
Kam is a freak,jumped straight in and got thru that stage well.....
and merrick,not trying to have a go at you but the only way youll stay in your lane on a new hill is if you fully cruise it and overbrake.,until you kno it......you come into a corner slightly hot and take a slightly wrong line,youll soon end up in the wrong lane......just dont be complacent dude,especially on hills you dont kno.....might go have a quik couple at mcpass after kiera on monday.....bring your cheque book or 56 dollars cash...haha
I might ask the copper if i can pay in advance for the next 15 runs im going to do, always willing to pay 56 bucks to skate that sickgnar hill
Benbro said:
bring your cheque book or 56 dollars cash...haha
heys guys so me and Henry are trying to organise a last race for hugh before he leaves weekend of the 6th/7th it will be one of those days which is the better day for people,

race will be head to head with the finals a possible 4 man

there will be an entrance fee all of which will be split between the winners, BC style. we are looking for prizes from some local sponsors aswell but dont hold your breath,

if you are interested in racing PM me and I will send the information your way, as we want to keep this really low key and under control

those of you that have seen the video that was being shown at MOTH know that this will be a fun race.

Owen
good shit man. u should make an event page, will be easier to organize and easier for people to follow dates. i cant skate but if i can get a ride down with syd crew i'll come and help out with the tech side of things if you want. give me a call and we can sort something out

Owen said:
heys guys so me and Henry are trying to organise a last race for hugh before he leaves weekend of the 6th/7th it will be one of those days which is the better day for people,

race will be head to head with the finals a possible 4 man

there will be an entrance fee all of which will be split between the winners, BC style. we are looking for prizes from some local sponsors aswell but dont hold your breath,

if you are interested in racing PM me and I will send the information your way, as we want to keep this really low key and under control

those of you that have seen the video that was being shown at MOTH know that this will be a fun race.

Owen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service