ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sydney downhill does not exist. No one skates down mountain roads. Everyone here sticks to the suburbs and local bombs. There are no good downhill runs in sydney. Everything is flat.

Please do not ask where to go skateboarding, because we dont know. We dont actually skate in sydney, we all ride scooters...

...Nek Minit

Views: 3592

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sussed this out last night with Alex, not sure what he thought but was fun enough, big fast S bend at the start (40-50k's) and a long straight (20-40k's) with another S at the end.

Nice smooth Hairpin to session at the top of the carpark too, down an alternate back road to the main straight.

Gate closes at 830 in Summer
Thursday?
if you're in that area you might want to keep an eye on Morgans Road down to Wendoree Park (20 mins away)
you can take the little Google man on a walk down there
View Larger Mapit's only 2/3-4m wide and is two way (no markings), full of pot holes and speed bumps (gnar x 10) so some walky talkies might be needed for spotting (no phone signal on Voda) There were a lot of road markings for impending upgrades/ resurfacing which is the main reason for keeping an eye on ,)
Just curious what others might think...

Trav said:
hey Brenbo, have you done the run along pacific highway heading south down towards mooney mooney creek? We were doing the smooth top section the other week, the bottom section is a bit rough but still doable i think..?
Thursday is on murrys hey trav can i grab a lift of you

Trav said:
Thursday?
yeah dude, no prob.
can you get a train or something to anywhere north of the bridge and i can get you from there..?

kamakazy said:
Thursday is on murrys hey trav can i grab a lift of you

Trav said:
Thursday?
yeah someone needs to get a job on the council and hotmix these roads :)
Guff and i did some recon around church point / Ku-Ring-Gai national park and there is lots of nice runs that are a bit too rough. All pretty close to Sydney and each other, would be sweet if they were hotmixed.... in the meantime I' might get some bigger wheels and skate them anyway...

Brad B said:
if you're in that area you might want to keep an eye on Morgans Road down to Wendoree Park (20 mins away)
you can take the little Google man on a walk down there
View Larger Mapit's only 2/3-4m wide and is two way (no markings), full of pot holes and speed bumps (gnar x 10) so some walky talkies might be needed for spotting (no phone signal on Voda) There were a lot of road markings for impending upgrades/ resurfacing which is the main reason for keeping an eye on ,) Just curious what others might think...

Trav said:
hey Brenbo, have you done the run along pacific highway heading south down towards mooney mooney creek? We were doing the smooth top section the other week, the bottom section is a bit rough but still doable i think..?
ok,try again for this week,no rain im sure....crew still keen 4 murrays freeride styles...its on then,i might go up for a solo sess today n check if the new bits are finished,i dont think they will be,also check if theres machinery/excavators/hotmix machines in our way...
Weather not looking good, but i need some speed.
Ill be away down the south coast from tomorrow till thursday, friday session anyone?
has anyone checked out this run near Lithgow?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=-33.501...

bit of a hike, but it might be weekend doable..?
Do it! it is very quick.
vid taken a few years back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfPUCmlmMnM

just dont listen to the mong in the car.

while your there travel over to coxs' river too!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service