ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sydney downhill does not exist. No one skates down mountain roads. Everyone here sticks to the suburbs and local bombs. There are no good downhill runs in sydney. Everything is flat.

Please do not ask where to go skateboarding, because we dont know. We dont actually skate in sydney, we all ride scooters...

...Nek Minit

Views: 3587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok, so I haven't dug through the last 18 pages ,)
but wanted to know of any beginner hills in the Sydney area (or part/end runs on some more hectic slopes) to get a feel for the extra speed. I will only be riding a 34" Street style deck with 215's and some soft wheels (70somethings) (so I'm thinking I don't want to exceed 40 - 50km...) Also I've only ever done hills with 95a wheels, so want to try and get some movement (at higher speeds) with vastly softer wheels (70 somethings) - is this more difficult on a stretched street deck than say, what I've seen on a proper longboard set up? I use to do ye olde Coleman(?) slides back in the late 80's, but not at high speed, and have difficulty visualising potential success ,)
From what I've seen on the net, people tend to stick with harder wheels on shorter decks, and the long boards seem more stable with the softer wheels when sliding/ speed checking.
Thanks,
Steve said:
How bout some Sydney downhill madness on a weekend for unfortunate people who have to work? Just an idea, (not really for me cause i work 6 nights a week and only get sun arvo/night off) but i'm sure there are heaps of ppl who can not make it on a weekday
that sounds great,I work and cant wait to show off my sick skate spots.

simon dutko said:
Steve said:
How bout some Sydney downhill madness on a weekend for unfortunate people who have to work? Just an idea, (not really for me cause i work 6 nights a week and only get sun arvo/night off) but i'm sure there are heaps of ppl who can not make it on a weekday
Keep your eyes peeled for any sessions at the Pumpstation up in the blue mtns. There's a thread in existence already you can search for in here. Subscribe to it and whenever someone makes a post in there you'll receive an email. We normally go there in numbers so you can ride other peoples boards to get a taste.

Brad B said:
ok, so I haven't dug through the last 18 pages ,)
but wanted to know of any beginner hills in the Sydney area (or part/end runs on some more hectic slopes) to get a feel for the extra speed. I will only be riding a 34" Street style deck with 215's and some soft wheels (70somethings) (so I'm thinking I don't want to exceed 40 - 50km...) Also I've only ever done hills with 95a wheels, so want to try and get some movement (at higher speeds) with vastly softer wheels (70 somethings) - is this more difficult on a stretched street deck than say, what I've seen on a proper longboard set up? I use to do ye olde Coleman(?) slides back in the late 80's, but not at high speed, and have difficulty visualising potential success ,)
From what I've seen on the net, people tend to stick with harder wheels on shorter decks, and the long boards seem more stable with the softer wheels when sliding/ speed checking.
Thanks,
What a sick day, everyone ripping down keira and waterworld.
Cheers for the skate boys, cant wait for next week!
Eleven riders and lotsa carnage at Waterworld, but no injuries. It's the "easy" hill, but the last corner is seriously dangerous - very easy to drift to the wrong side of the road - just about all of us did at one stage or another today. A lot of leather got left on the road and B-rad needs a new helmet.
And jase got very personal with the gaurd rail.

Bugs said:
Eleven riders and lotsa carnage at Waterworld, but no injuries. It's the "easy" hill, but the last corner is seriously dangerous - very easy to drift to the wrong side of the road - just about all of us did at one stage or another today. A lot of leather got left on the road and B-rad needs a new helmet.
yeh,awesome day,most carnage ive seen for so little injury...that last section of waterworld is mental,looks so inviting but serves out punishment with any mistake made..one of those setups,hard to nail the line thru.....but yeah everyone ripping..i luv fresh hotmix.
any footage from today? im spewing i had uni and couldnt check out this new spot
yeah sick day today fellas, as for the footage.......well we had a video camera but no disk to record on.
hard riding today guys , was fast and tight , great to see such a large crew riding weekdays, heaps of sideways action and drafting.
gabe is just ripping ,bro, will put up some photo's of robbo and b rad too. the footage is a bit dodge hey, will fuck around with it and post waterworld soon. will miss next week skating having my bucks night ,anyone whos brave anothe is invited on saturday for a pub crawl though balmain and piss up in the city after.

dont forget thursday night bomb squad guys its a good training session. the later the better
yeah epic session.....
Gotta love when safety gear does its job!!!
$150 for helmet, walk away from a crash priceless....
straight back up, and go again with a borrowed helmet.
everyone was ripping...... that end section is awesome!
may make it to ya bucks night Rob, will let you know.... if i have coin for sure.....
Rad close skating.......... till next session..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service