ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey I cant decide which trucks to get for my new deck. Im into some downhill, something like 40km-60km max and freeriding. Im also learning some board tricks and some early grabs so i dont want my axels to bend.

Also, which trucks are lighter?

Which ones should i get and why?

Tags: bear, paris, trucks

Views: 3202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

paris are pretty good for both but i've heard alot of people say that they bend alot and really easily. I have bears and they are pretty awesome. i think they come a little bit pre-bent but they are still fine for everything. if you have the hangar unflipped they are highish and good for tricks but suck for downhill. flip the hangers and they become lower to the ground and super stable for the speeds you want to go. They are so good for free riding and light downhill when the hanger is flipped. but make sure you buy new bushings, the stock bushings are way too soft and are totally shit for downhill.

hope this helped :)

what will said +1

hey thanks. if i run my hanger flipped on the bears would it still be good for sliding and freeriding or will it be to stiff and not turny enough?

i really dont want to be flipping my hanger each time im doing something different.

Anyone else have another opinion on which ones to get?

yeah i run my hangar flipped for free riding and sliding. but you sort of want your trucks tight for freeriding so you dont get wobbles and shit before you go for a slide. also consider caliber trucks. rode some of those today and they are totally sick :P and have you thought about randals? they are by far the best all-rounder :)

I still cant decide.... :S 

any more resons why i should get one of this trucks? 

If im going dh at about 45 i dont want to get wobbles and eat it. I dont think anyone wants to..

so which ones!!?!!?

get randals
i do 60-70 on 50* paris... i guess it's all about being comfortable with the speed your going.. the bears would be a good choice in my opinion.. i've also been running gunmetal DH trucks  (42*) and found they are good for freeriding and DH, i run mine loose all the time even when im going fast since they are nice and stable and you can get some super gangster lean with them too.

paris are sick for freeride, and stable as well

paris or randal are best imo

The main difference I have noticed between these trucks is the bushing seat. The seat on the Grizzlys is super restrictive and really locks the bushings into the seat making them a lot more stable, which means they're great for downhill. The bushing seats on the Paris are not restrictive at all, which makes them awesome for carving and freeride but I don't really feel comfortable at high speeds.

does anyone know which truck is lighter? 

im leaning more towards buying the bears at the moment..

go the bears, as uan whozarmy said the bushing seat is pretty restrictive, so to get the most out of them use flat washers. and with the trucks being lighter.. it'd only be by the smallest un-noticeable amount when you're carrying the board around, or going fast.. the most difference you're looking at would probably be a difference of something like 30-50gms
guys bare in mind that i do more sliding and freering than i do dh. i do sliding and freeriding at least twise a week and i might do some really light dh like 30km max. 
i do dh like 40km-60km once every two months if im lucky i might do it every month which is rare. but still, i dont want to be going 50km and get the wobbles and die.
will bear trucks be good if i run them flipped for freeriding and sliding or are bears only good for high speeds?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service