ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The ASRA crew are are now ensconced in their luxury villa in Bathurst, preparing for the coming weekend. Grom Cooper is here with us on work experience and he just made a delicious pizza - nice one Coops.

We've been working hard, busy posing with money:

and fake money:

and tomorrow it'll be time to put out the hay bales. The vert ramp was built today, and the top of the mountain is starting to turn into a festival site.

Stay tuned to this thread for more of the inside info. When the race starts (Friday morning folks!) I'll be posting some commentary here.

Tags: newton's, newtons

Views: 822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

shame it rained except it added so much more radness to it
Don't know about radness half the field or more choose not to race . It fiucked up what was going to be one of the best competitions ever

ben halls said:
shame it rained except it added so much more radness to it
The decision to race went to a vote. People were divided, and there would have been many pissed off whichever way the vote went. But I reckon it was a good decision - there was a helluva lot of rad racing today, and the finals were quality.

I got back from the mountain desperate for a hot shower, and realised that Bricin was in the bath. He kept asking me to come into the bathroom, and I'm thinking "huh?", but finally I did. He just wanted me to take a photo:

He certainly knows how to fill up a bath. But he's not too good at emptying one:

Now we're off to the after-party to give away a shitload of cash
all you pussy's missed out on a rad weekend!
Bricin in the bathtub with Mr. Bubble......... classic!!!
Bugs, where are the results for Streetluge and Classic? Cheers.
Luge riders voted NOT to race in the rain. So it should go down to qualifying times.

Sakamoto said:
For luge and classic the final results are based on Saturday's results. Odd tree no.1 is 1st, even tree no.1 is 2nd, and so on. Duff wins luge and Yvon wins classic. Look at "sheet 16" in luge and "manual results" in classic.
Thats true, Ryan, but the qualifying times should give a result regardless. Based on the tree and the times breakup that Bugs put up, there is no definative result, so I'd thought I'd ask. Even though they voted NOT to race, an "event winner/placings" still exists.

Ryan 'RY RY' Peterson said:
Luge riders voted NOT to race in the rain. So it should go down to qualifying times.

Sakamoto said:
Thanks Bugs, Cheers.

Bugs said:
For luge and classic the final results are based on Saturday's results. Odd tree no.1 is 1st, even tree no.1 is 2nd, and so on. Duff wins luge and Yvon wins classic.
Before the post Newton's depression sets in, i'd like to thank the guys and girls who volunteered, great stuff, especially in Sundays rain.STOIC! Robbo, Bugs, Haggy, Pete, Leigh, PC, Blackwood, Fox, (not to forget the rest of the crew) you rule, thank you for the ultimate in RADNESS. Can't wait till next time!!!!!

Sakamoto said:
Thanks Bugs, Cheers.

Bugs said:
For luge and classic the final results are based on Saturday's results. Odd tree no.1 is 1st, even tree no.1 is 2nd, and so on. Duff wins luge and Yvon wins classic.

riffraff said:
Before the post Newton's depression sets in, i'd like to thank the guys and girls who volunteered, great stuff, especially in Sundays rain.STOIC! Robbo, Bugs, Haggy, Pete, Leigh, PC, Blackwood, Fox, (not to forget the rest of the crew) you rule, thank you for the ultimate in RADNESS. Can't wait till next time!!!!!

you said it Raff, thanks guys, and THANK YOU ALL THE VOLUNTEERS!!! such an important part of putting on races.

PEACE!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service