ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

New bear precisions look nice and beefy. Does anyone know the concept behind them?

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

to be honest i dont see how the left one is overworked, it might look awesome but too me its functional. they have made it thick because it wont break. they have done the cool sharp edges because they can and its no extra time on their part. it curves up at the top to cover the circular point. and the bushing seat is lowered because thats where the bushing goes.
The one on the left (like the Fyre) looks a better idea for slalom than for downhill. That totally frictionless turn is just what you want in slalom where you're doing a bazillion turns a second, but maybe not so good for bombing hills.
sure its not overworked as far as building the thing goes. it does look amazing, and in theory sounds like a really good and functional truck. but when it is called overworked, its not because of the work that went into it, its because theres a whole lot of features that you just don't really need. More of a novelty thing really. You would have to already know how to ride well for them to actually aid your riding in any way

Jack Nolan said:
to be honest i dont see how the left one is overworked, it might look awesome but too me its functional. they have made it thick because it wont break. they have done the cool sharp edges because they can and its no extra time on their part. it curves up at the top to cover the circular point. and the bushing seat is lowered because thats where the bushing goes.
the 1s up the front look nice.!(:
does the curved baseplate do anything at all?
Save weight? I heard that the 10mm bears are soon to be a thing of the past? Anyone care to comment?

Augustus Evans-Barns said:
i dunno where you heard that but i dont think they would scrab their best truck... cast truck, light weight, 10mm axle, strong as fuck... they are great for those kind of boarders who love getting sideways and jump off great heights... i remember when i first told Rob about 10mm axles he just lost his shit, he was coming into the shop nearly every month to replace bent hangers and when he got 10mm axles he barely had any need to come by other than shredding the gnar and drinking beer

speedy canuck said:
Save weight? I heard that the 10mm bears are soon to be a thing of the past? Anyone care to comment?

Augustus Evans-Barns said:
apparently the bottom truck is based on the geometry of their cast grizzlies. Tom talking abit more about them on sf (after Kevin implied LY was ripping off his aeras, why can't we all get along??)

Kevin,
Our new truck is completely based off of our Grizzly geometry. If our precision trucks are in fact the same geometry as yours then I would be inclined to say that your truck is a copy of the grizzly since the grizzly has been in existence much longer than your trucks.

We’ve been making precision trucks for over 5 years and we’ve tried all kinds of crazy ideas. Some work and some don’t but you never really know till you try. Some people like our existing smokies with spherical bearings in the baseplate and hanger but unfortunately some don’t. I like them and I won a lot of races on them but recently a lot of our riders have requested a precision truck with no spherical bearings. So, we took our grizzly’s geometry and made a CNC milled version of it plus we’ve added some new features. I assure you, we never looked at your truck when designing ours.

We’re not trying to start any kind of war. We are just trying to make good products for the skate industry. If anyone is starting a war it is you by making false accusations on forums. It will be healthier for the industry if we both focus our efforts on making good products rather than talking trash.

Tom

i think thats pretty cool actually i've always been a fan of grizzlies and a cnc version of it would be sick!
hey ching can you post a link to this silverfish thread here for amusements sake, cheers.
haha sure pete, but i think kevin already edited his original post after speaking to tom. here's the page it all started at: http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/longboard-skateboarding...

happy reading :)

pete hill said:
hey ching can you post a link to this silverfish thread here for amusements sake, cheers.
pete hill said:
thanks ching, i hope asra never degenerates into the crap that is silverfish, was funny as to read, if i had as much time as some seem to do to suck ass i'd use it to go skate. i'd also buy the bears in question.

It looks way to heavy

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service