ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hey im thinking of getting a landyatchz evo what do u guys think?

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dont do what sean said. thats a terrible setup. you will hate it...

just put some grizzleys on it, dont need to get tech. she'll be right

sean meaney said:

i would use randal anyday, as you can get the plates you need for it, throwing a set of 50degree bears on it is going to fee wack, you gotta allow for the wedging of the board when you pick your trucks, the nose is wedged 15degrees and the tail is dewedged 15 degrees too, so you need to have a low degree plate on the front and a high degree on the back, the most common is 35 front 50 back as you get a fairly stable combo with out the stupid front truck angle and you get a reasonable back angle. I did used to run 50's front and back and it was.... it was interesting, the front turned heaps as it was about 65 degrees and the back didnt turn much as it was sitting at 35. If you set it up with a 35 front 50 back you will end up with a 50-35 combo which feels great for DH. When i was running cast trucks on mine i had a 35 front and a 57 (used a wedge riser) back which gave me a 50-42 combo, perfect setup for DH and freeriding. Having alot of baseplates and wedge risers is handy when setting up your evo but i definently like the 50-42 on this board
thanks jacko ill tack your advice
so your saying a 65 - 35 combo is good for DH? I dont see you running those angles

Jacko said:

dont do what sean said. thats a terrible setup. you will hate it...

just put some grizzleys on it, dont need to get tech. she'll be right

sean meaney said:

i would use randal anyday, as you can get the plates you need for it, throwing a set of 50degree bears on it is going to fee wack, you gotta allow for the wedging of the board when you pick your trucks, the nose is wedged 15degrees and the tail is dewedged 15 degrees too, so you need to have a low degree plate on the front and a high degree on the back, the most common is 35 front 50 back as you get a fairly stable combo with out the stupid front truck angle and you get a reasonable back angle. I did used to run 50's front and back and it was.... it was interesting, the front turned heaps as it was about 65 degrees and the back didnt turn much as it was sitting at 35. If you set it up with a 35 front 50 back you will end up with a 50-35 combo which feels great for DH. When i was running cast trucks on mine i had a 35 front and a 57 (used a wedge riser) back which gave me a 50-42 combo, perfect setup for DH and freeriding. Having alot of baseplates and wedge risers is handy when setting up your evo but i definently like the 50-42 on this board

I have never really seen the reason of the wedging at the front... it makes you have to run lower angles to get the same high angle...

But, 35* should be good on the front, and whatever you like on the back, standard should be fine.

the evo was designed when randal 160's on 35 degree plates and cherry bombs where the setup for DH, 50 front 20 back isnt a bad setup

Tim (Skittles) said:

I have never really seen the reason of the wedging at the front... it makes you have to run lower angles to get the same high angle...

But, 35* should be good on the front, and whatever you like on the back, standard should be fine.

Ahh, that makes perfect sense now!

sean meaney said:
the evo was designed when randal 160's on 35 degree plates and cherry bombs where the setup for DH, 50 front 20 back isnt a bad setup
ironically so was the DH race which has dewedgeing in the front and back

Tim (Skittles) said:

sean meaney said:
This discussion just goes to show how individual choosing a board and setup is.

and how important it is not to listen to sean when it comes to deciding on what board/setup to ride

remember an evo is a board designed for going really fast, not for slashing around and getting sideways, have a look at the sector9 topmounts and dropdown/dropthrough boards, rayne make some awesome rides too.

the best way to decide is to go try a few different boards and see what feels the best, hook up with some local riders and get out to some sessions where you can try out a few different types of board, if you live in Sydney check out www.hopkin.com.au, we have a heap of shop boards set up so you can try before you buy

gabe

i aint saying it is a good board for slashing around, but if you set it up right it can be better for going fast while staying agile, this is coming from someone who has been using one for DH for the last 3 years and has riden most combo's of baseplates and wedging you can imagine in that time,

Gabe said:

and how important it is not to listen to sean when it comes to deciding on what board/setup to ride

remember an evo is a board designed for going really fast, not for slashing around and getting sideways, have a look at the sector9 topmounts and dropdown/dropthrough boards, rayne make some awesome rides too.

the best way to decide is to go try a few different boards and see what feels the best, hook up with some local riders and get out to some sessions where you can try out a few different types of board, if you live in Sydney check out www.hopkin.com.au, we have a heap of shop boards set up so you can try before you buy

gabe

Hey, I have the exact same setup, but with super reds, it rides like dream.

Daniel Witchey said:

OMG!!! that makes me soo excited to get one! how does this setup sound?

evo, retro Big Zigs 75mm 83a, bones swiss bearings and bear grizzly's 

sean meaney said:

one of the nicest concaves ever, perfect pockets and if set up right can do everything, i use mine for freeriding, its a dope race board too, in my oppinion its probobly the best board ever built, they last for ever too, i have had mine for 3 years and its still going strong

ironically the dh race race was designed around indy's, the 90 degree kingpin might explain the dewedging ;) 

clearly noone should listen to Sean Meaney about skateboards.

sean meaney said:

ironically so was the DH race which has dewedgeing in the front and back

Tim (Skittles) said:

sean meaney said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service