ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

what would you guys recommend? i need a helmet for newtons.
where and how much for them also?

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

where does the 661 come into it?
The cheapest place for Icaro is Icaro. Try their website at www.icaro2000.com. Gypsie will look after you.
Hopshop use to bring in the Icaro but the cost of shipping was not worth it, Icaro ship for free to customers (or they did last time I looked), but they do not ship for free for dealer sales, we we could never compete on price.

Charly helmets - try the Hopshop. We have gone through the whole range, the no limit is really the only one suitable.

661 is a good helmet. We are still chasing down a supplier. Try your local bikeshop. You'll need a visor.

And check out our blog on airborne helmets vs motocycle helmets
661 have a mountain bike range of helmets. Probably the safest type of helmet you could have for downhill, especially if it is rated properly. Visor is always an issue.

NZ customers can not order online yet at www.hopkin.com.au. Working on it. If you want to order a charly, send me an email or call the hopshop on +61 2 80601588 .
a 661 saved my life on more than one occasion, the last time it did it was retired, the back of my head hit first and I was knocked out, followed by my left shoulder blade, tore my leathers to shreds that secondary impact was enough to dislocate my clavical and smash my ribs from the rear, this was close to four years ago, i can still feel my ribs and can make loud popping sounds from my chest as i relocate my colar bone after sleeping on it wrong, my head feels fine though, the 661 is cheaper than a icaro and charly and it has an extra 1/4 inch of foam to compress around your head, my charly looks cool though.......
Unless it's a closed track I'd seriosly recommend you don't go anything lighter than a DH Mountainbike helmet. Giro, Bell, 661 etc.
I bomb in a 1400g motoX helmet and don't find it too-too heavy, I'd like something around 1100, anything lighter than that has IMO, made serious compromises to get there.
if you are just starting out mate id say to go for the safest helmet which would be a mountain bike or road bike..they arent as light as the icaro but much safer and until you learn how to crash thats the most imoportant detail...i took a big hit at bathurt last year and had a mountain bike helmet at the time and i dont think my icaro would of done as good a job...so go for safety bro and not looking cool your head is worth more....
Hey Bud Josh is going back over in sept so he should try to meet up , as far as helmets are concerned we both use a downhill mountain bike one , real lite but lots of foam but as has been said they done come with a visor . I made visors out of acrylic sheet and pushed in around the foam but negetive is they mist up between runs etc until you start moving again
hi um are you the guys who posted up about the dh trucks? if you are we should try and catch up but im in the south island... are you?

Lance Evans and Josh (13 yrs) said:
Hey Bud Josh is going back over in sept so he should try to meet up , as far as helmets are concerned we both use a downhill mountain bike one , real lite but lots of foam but as has been said they done come with a visor . I made visors out of acrylic sheet and pushed in around the foam but negetive is they mist up between runs etc until you start moving again
yeah the 661 will be the safest but the other two look really cool and come with visors i dont know what to do but cheers for the input guys
personally i don't think the charly and icaro looking cool should be a factor on whether you should buy it or not, i think safety should always come first before looks
There is a good discussion on all this on the hopshop thread
http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/forum/topics/the-hop-shop

Using Bell helmets with charly visors
How much is your head worth to you? If you are new at skating, you WILL fall off and you WILL smash your head. Do you think the Icaro will save your head? If so, buy it. If not, buy a bell drop.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service