ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Once again, the Hopkin Skate video competition is upon us! This time we are going to do something a little different. Again we will be judging on your cinematography and editing skills but there will also be a checklist of things that MUST be included in your video for it to count.
Here is the gnar that must be included in the video:

- Perform a heelside AND toeside standup slide on a dirt road in the same shot
- Get 3 different angles of someone bombing a hill in a dinner suit
- An early grab into water (swimming pool, river or ocean)
- Rally down at least 8 stairs (where you ride down the stairs, no early grabbing or airs)
- Get a hug from a carpark security guard
- Ride through a crowded shopping mall
- Do a 180 standup slide and a 180 revert (where you slide back to regular) in a dress.
- Include a quick interview with your mum asking her what she thinks about her son skateboarding
- A shot of the Hopkin logo somewhere in the video, extra points for the logo to be sticker slapped in public or spray painted or even drawn on ('No Skateboarding' signs work the best)
- A helmet must be worn by every person in the video in all shots, even when your not skating (including your mum when you interview her, and the carpark security guard) Extra points for funky helmets such as the Daddow Devil Horns, helmets with Afros or Mow-Hawks, ect.

Each video must be no longer than 4 minutes and can be submitted by uploading to a video hosting website (such as youtube, vimeo, asra ect) and send a link to me and i will embed the entries into this post.

Now for the good part, the prizes! The winner will receive a Rayne Vendetta deck! Second place will get a Norfin Manta deck, and 3rd place will get a Madrid Bubbler.

Entries will close on the 9th of May

1st Entry from Meddii Blackburn: (was an awesome video but didnt finish the 8 stairs)

2nd Entry from Ben Westover: (although not all tasks were completed he still needs some recognition for such a rad video!)

Ben's Hopkin Video Competition Entry from Ben Westover on Vimeo.

3rd Entry Merrick Wildash and AJ Hare:

4th entry by owen:

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

okay i'm going to give it a go. 4 days left
If someone enters and dont manage to do all the things, for example the 180 and he is the only person to enter, will that person still win?
no
The requirements are pretty tough, I reckon if you want to encourage entrants you should have a points system for each requirement completed.
the requirements are not that tough at all, all you have to do is complete them. The prizes arent shitty either, hence why we decided to make the comp tough. If people really wanted to win a sick new deck they would have put in the effort. This video could be done in a weekend, all it takes is a little dedication to do.
We left a lot of time to get everything done so there is no excuse for it to be too tough. But simple enough, if you dont enter you dont win!

And Luan, no. If you do not complete the checklist it does not count. We arent trying to give stuff away for free here, people have to earn the prizes

Bugs said:
The requirements are pretty tough, I reckon if you want to encourage entrants you should have a points system for each requirement completed.
Yea I understand that but if say ten people enter and the one closest to completing all fail to complete one task, like how many groms own a dinner suit and let alone gets to borrow for the reason of bombing a hill :P

Jacko said:
the requirements are not that tough at all, all you have to do is complete them. The prizes arent shitty either, hence why we decided to make the comp tough. If people really wanted to win a sick new deck they would have put in the effort. This video could be done in a weekend, all it takes is a little dedication to do.
We left a lot of time to get everything done so there is no excuse for it to be too tough. But simple enough, if you dont enter you dont win!

And Luan, no. If you do not complete the checklist it does not count. We arent trying to give stuff away for free here, people have to earn the prizes

Bugs said:
You'd be suprised ;)

Luan Berisha said:
Yea I understand that but if say ten people enter and the one closest to completing all fail to complete one task, like how many groms own a dinner suit and let alone gets to borrow for the reason of bombing a hill :P

Jacko said:

Bugs said:
i might have a go at it this weekend, id imagine getting a hug from a security guard might be the hardest.
if they cant complete it then they cant complete it, and they dont win.... thats life.
there are rules for a reason you know

Luan Berisha said:
Jacko said:
Bugs said:
Jacko said:
theres one week left to enter the comp. boards and prizes will go unclaimed if no one enters. pretty poor effort here

hey jacko is the deadline still the 9th? cause you said there's a week left to enter just a couple of days ago.
"roughly" a week i should have said. deadline is the 9th

Gilbert said:
Jacko said:
theres one week left to enter the comp. boards and prizes will go unclaimed if no one enters. pretty poor effort here

hey jacko is the deadline still the 9th? cause you said there's a week left to enter just a couple of days ago.
will you take 8 stairs that are aired?

Jacko said:
"roughly" a week i should have said. deadline is the 9th

Gilbert said:
Jacko said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service