ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Once again, the Hopkin Skate video competition is upon us! This time we are going to do something a little different. Again we will be judging on your cinematography and editing skills but there will also be a checklist of things that MUST be included in your video for it to count.
Here is the gnar that must be included in the video:

- Perform a heelside AND toeside standup slide on a dirt road in the same shot
- Get 3 different angles of someone bombing a hill in a dinner suit
- An early grab into water (swimming pool, river or ocean)
- Rally down at least 8 stairs (where you ride down the stairs, no early grabbing or airs)
- Get a hug from a carpark security guard
- Ride through a crowded shopping mall
- Do a 180 standup slide and a 180 revert (where you slide back to regular) in a dress.
- Include a quick interview with your mum asking her what she thinks about her son skateboarding
- A shot of the Hopkin logo somewhere in the video, extra points for the logo to be sticker slapped in public or spray painted or even drawn on ('No Skateboarding' signs work the best)
- A helmet must be worn by every person in the video in all shots, even when your not skating (including your mum when you interview her, and the carpark security guard) Extra points for funky helmets such as the Daddow Devil Horns, helmets with Afros or Mow-Hawks, ect.

Each video must be no longer than 4 minutes and can be submitted by uploading to a video hosting website (such as youtube, vimeo, asra ect) and send a link to me and i will embed the entries into this post.

Now for the good part, the prizes! The winner will receive a Rayne Vendetta deck! Second place will get a Norfin Manta deck, and 3rd place will get a Madrid Bubbler.

Entries will close on the 9th of May

1st Entry from Meddii Blackburn: (was an awesome video but didnt finish the 8 stairs)

2nd Entry from Ben Westover: (although not all tasks were completed he still needs some recognition for such a rad video!)

Ben's Hopkin Video Competition Entry from Ben Westover on Vimeo.

3rd Entry Merrick Wildash and AJ Hare:

4th entry by owen:

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

entries are now closed. the winner will be unveiled within the next few days
ill second that..

Owen said:
well I had a lot of fun putting this thing together I'd like to thank Hopkin for fronting with the stash. jacko for making the rules that little bit different.

congrates to everyone that put a video together
I hoorayed with those.... Mum called me weird haha

Merrick Wildash said:
Three Cheers for the Hopkin crew. Hip.. HORRAY
Hip!
HORRAAYY
Hip!!
HOOORRRAAAYY
I know this is not a vote-base competition, but if it was, mine would go to Meddii's. Good job!
yeah, defs meddii's is the best cut and most entertaining of them all, i know it dont meet all criteria to perfection but it is rad as hell
just like school, if you dont get it in on time you get an N award. so you'll have to have a doctors certificate hahaha jks

Cooper Kruize said:
haha me toby and scottys are going to be late because the stupid computers are stuffing up...
i think that the only one that actually completed all the criteria was owen... because Merrick and Aj didnt do three diffrent ANGLES of someone bombing a hill in a dinner suit...
looks like everyone had fun! (have watched them all at work without sound.)

Owen needs extra points cause it would be getting bloody cold in lake burly griffin about now!

And i see a lot of business suits but i think Ben wears a dinner suit so extra points there !! (HAH!)
To be honest mate, i think your the special one, if you read the criteria it say, THREE DIFFRENT ANGELS of someone bombing in a dinner suit.... and coopers saying you only did the ONE angle of someone bombing a hill, yeah sure its three diffrent shots of it, but there all the same angle...

Merrick Wildash said:
Are you a fucken idiot?
I bombed in a fucken tux/ Dinner suit. And then hit a corner. It clearly shows me in a dinner suit.
Your just pissed you didn't entre your video hahah

Cooper Kruize said:
i think that the only one that actually completed all the criteria was owen... because Merrick and Aj didnt do three diffrent ANGLES of someone bombing a hill in a dinner suit...
Mate it's not all about getting the video in just so you can get a prise... mite also be about having fun with your mates... but ok, and mabey you should have a look at the angle that you a filming the shot from..., each one is from the left hand side facing in...
hahaha
I thought Luca was putting a video together. He got like 5 different angles on pie in the sky when I was down south......

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service