ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i've looked around and it seems the bell drop will fit my really massive head, i was wondering is there any other big fits??
and does anyone know of somewhere that stocks the drop cheap??
any help is much appreciated

Tags: fullface, helmet

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you don't fit into any at the hopshop, keep an eye on www.rotorburn.com/forums in the gear for sale section. I got mine the other week for $70 (before i knew i could get them at the hopshop). Admittedly i fit a medium but i do recall seeing some larger sizes on there...
hey robbo i had a look at it in the shop today and its sick,
i was wondering if your using the original holes in the helmet or drilling new ones because the visor didnt want to flip up wen i tried lining up the holes
i probably lined it up incorrectly but i am definately going to get myself one as soon as theyre sorted out theyre looking really good

Robbo said:

There will be different holes I've just gotta get the right pins for it. the visor flips when aligned to a certain spot
would it be possible to get a visor for a bell drop made, I've heard discussions about the colabo ones, in between custom ones made out of charly visors.

Robbo said:
There will be different holes I've just gotta get the right pins for it. the visor flips when aligned to a certain spot
The helmet fits well, maybe a bit big. The padding is great, and It's really comfortable, except it looks HUGE on the outside. I'm not sure If its just me, but it seems massive.
Isaac the purpose of offering this helmet as well as the Charley is to allow riders to pick a safer helmet at a decent price. At this price point this is the best helmet on the market. We had looked at doing the drop with a charly visor but the RRP for the drop in australia is about 200 for the helmet and 90 for the visor making it a 300 helmet. Doing the charley visor with a bell drop still requires drilling new holes and inserting plugs and it does not cover the side gaps of the helmet. So creating a charley visor for the helmet will cost you at least $100 for the visor. If we created a non charley visor for the drop it would be difficult to sell enough here as they don't retail the drop in Australia anymore.

A separate issue with the bell is that bell has stopped distributing the drop in australia because of low sales so they only distribute the ballistic which is a much bigger helmet then the missile pictured in both the jaw and the head it also has a lower safety rating. The drop and the missile are a very similar mold shape, weigh the same, both use the safer DH rating, and have a similar field of vision, but the missile is $80 cheaper. The colabo helmets were never able to close the very small gap on both sides of the jaw of the helmet. They jammed it up with rubber rims but still had this problem. These helmets have less vertical gap but a similar horizontal gap as the colabo ones.

If possible we will attempt to obtain the lexan and heat mold our own visor. This may reduce the price over using a charley visor but its a slightly complicated process. As you may be aware there is no DH helmet in the world that comes with a flip visor so we are attempting to create the holy grail. But we refuse to make it expensive so we have to create a certain balance.

Our goal is to provide a flip visor helmet that has low weight but with a safer rating at less than $200 so the average punter can buy a cheaper and safer DH helmet than the $450 it may cost them to get a Charley or Icaro without compromising too much on performance.
robbo is there an xl in the shop cus the net says ther is but i didnt see one in the shop

Robbo said:
Our goal is to provide a flip visor helmet that has low weight but with a safer rating at less than $200 so the average punter can buy a cheaper and safer DH helmet than the $450 it may cost them to get a Charley or Icaro without compromising too much on performance.
In hindsight I sold the XL the first day I got them in, it was sold to a walk in customer so it didn't get updated on the site , I'll order another couple XL's on Monday so it should be in the shop on Tuesday.
Hi,
I have a boof head as well and I have found that Shoei fit nice but cost a fortune. Try a Syko Helmet for around $150.00. XXL
I have the XL in this, found it a little tight (just on the sides/jawline) but left it overnight on a 4l tin of paint gave it a perfect permanent reshape - left for shorter periods gave it slight reshape so there is scope for varying adjustment. The plastic used does not "stress" by doing this. Anyone in Sydney is welcome to check mine out at Redfern or I can leave it with Robbo in the next few weeks, (while I'm out of action ,) for comparison to a stock XL. extremely light weight and the size (like all helmets) gives some obvious cooling advantages.
Have u still got these in stock?
you still have these?

Toby said:
hey robbo i had a look at it in the shop today and its sick,
i was wondering if your using the original holes in the helmet or drilling new ones because the visor didnt want to flip up wen i tried lining up the holes
i probably lined it up incorrectly but i am definately going to get myself one as soon as theyre sorted out theyre looking really good

Robbo said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service