ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey Guys,

Im running low on money at the moment and Im starting to get into DH, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of a cheaper alternative.

Thanks

Tags: DH, leathers

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

buy a roll of tape quality tape shouldnt be more then $10 and then cover your jeans in tape and then cover a jacket in tape and your shoes if u want them to match.
just scored a one piece for $70 on ebay, they're 10 years old but only worn a few times, looks real retro. you just gotta keep stalking ebay till you find a good deal.
Support Draggin Jeans, cause they are supporting us at Newtons Playground.

Checkout the testimonials on their web site, and the new styles....
You will want to wear them all the time!

Hop can help you get some.
Correction Pete, Owen has now passed those bad boys onto me =] I don't know how long they will last they are well worn.

pete hill said:
the white yellow and black ones are well proven, yates had thrashed his, now they are saving owens skin
haha running the canadian tuxedo for downhill would be badass, especially if they are stonewash....

stephen.mhsrider said:
double denim works as well
BUMP, for the nasty post crash pics.
Hoping Nick and Dan get well soon.

http://www.dragginjeans.net/product/k-shirt see Hop for deatils
agreed u just need to surf the links and the (related searches) i picked up a pare of 2 pieces fo 40 free postage...

Robbo said:
You just gotta stick with it

Dan Mactaggart said:
Im not having that much luck on ebay :(
anyone who mentioned draggin jeans should have noticed the cheaper alternative at the top of the page -_-
dude Draggin jeans are bomb. they might cost the same as a cheap set of leathers u find on e-bay but theres one good thing to be had by them: They will fit you better! if you get a set of motorbike leathers on e-bay usualy they fit but its hard to get a cheap set that fits snug. usualy they feel a bit baggy here and there (not by heaps but still some) and that is what gets your friction burns. when you crash the leather grips the ground a bit and you move in your suit a small bit and tear your skin, also a big goofy motorbike suit is heaps hot and no wear near as comfortable as pair of draggin jeans, and look not even half as rad. they come in different styles to suit your needs. I got a set of the Cammo ones (for lookin bad-ass) and a set of the heavy duty ones that look exactly like a pair of jeans you would wear out and about. and trust me do they work, they work just as well as my NJKs. crashed plenty of times in them and have not worn through the kevlar. tore a small hole in the cammo ones but thats just the outer material, the kevlar on the inside is still primo. The question you should be asking is: whats a cheap alternative to NJKs, as i would never wear a cheap motorbike suit ever again now ive tried draggin jeans (mixed with elbow pads/leather jacket if your feeling dangerous).

one thing also you have to keep in mind is the flexability in motorbike suits. they are designed for you to be sitting on a bike, not in a tuck. and sometimes when you do find a suit that fits you snug you lose movement in your arms, and you cant reach out as far or lift your hands above your head, which can cause dislocated shoulders in crashes if you slam wrong. draggin jeans all the way, free-riding means FREEDOM, and freedom is comfort =)

also if your into traveling, you dont have to lug around an extra 5kg and have a massive bag to pack in your huge leathers, and if you wanna go for a day just to shred some local hills, all you need if your board and your lid and away you go, now you have room to pack that sandwich mum made you for lunch!
Has anyone tried the Draggin Jeans Kevlar long sleeve tshirt?
bit hexy, but would be good for summer freeriding, keeping some skin on your arms / shoulders....
havent tried out the shirts but judging from the jeans they would be quality. we will be stocking Draggin Jeans at the Hop Shop very soon so stay tuned for some epic free-ride clothing
Trav said:
Has anyone tried the Draggin Jeans Kevlar long sleeve tshirt?
bit hexy, but would be good for summer freeriding, keeping some skin on your arms / shoulders....

Check out the testimonials on the Draggins Jeans website. Heaps of road rash avoided!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service