ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Charly No Limit .Vs. Predator Dh6 .Vs. Icaro 4flight Cut

Sup guys,

I'm Tossing up between a charly, predator or a icaro. Vaguely remember some shit being spoken about one of these helmets. I want to hear your opinions on these helmets. Cheers!

Tags: charly, dh6, face, full, fullface, helmet, limit, no, predator

Views: 2969

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as jack said, is the weight difference noticable on the predator compared to a charly or an icaro? im also keen on getting a fullface in the close to not so close future. so i want to know my options.? predator seems to be the go... safety and colourss!!!!
i've had great experiences with charlys. i am fine with using mine for freeride, the vision is so good you dont even know you have it on if your visor is up. look boss, comfortable, dont fog up and make cool noises when you go fast
the icaros look sick as well and are cheaper too. im not sure! ahasfhdasf
i recently bought a s9 predator, and i was abit skeptical  about the weight, but from trying on an icaro and my predator the weight was hardly noticeable, mine cost 350$ shipped from daddies
You reckon the Predator is the same weight as the Icaro? it says on the Icaro website that it weighs 850g. Do you know how much your predator weighs?
900 i think, so not much of a difference
Okay sweet. I'm not that worried about the weight, at the moment the fullface that I have but never use is like 2.5kg
a charly is like 650g or something.. and it looks way cooler! haha ill decide what i want when i get to the time when im getting it

DH6 weight-2 pounds 3 ounces or 992 grams
Carbon DH6-1 pound 15 ounces or 878 grams
Charly No-Limit-23 ounces or 652 grams
Icaro 4flight cut-840grams
Bell Drop-1045 grams(no visor)

shit the charly is light! icaro is average dh6 is still alright! 

Dave Robbo has said himself , that there is not really any " true evidence" of one helmet not beingg as safe as another. the predator is designed for dh skating though, but then again the charly is designed to be crashed at high speeds too, so pretty much, go with whatever you want. the chance of you actually stacking right onto your head whilst wearing it is quite low, so get one that is most comfortable for you
the charley isn't designed to crash at high speeds lol.. its a helmet designed for when hang gliders smash their heads into the bars of there hang glider..  

Nick Lonergan said:
Dave Robbo has said himself , that there is not really any " true evidence" of one helmet not beingg as safe as another. the predator is designed for dh skating though, but then again the charly is designed to be crashed at high speeds too, so pretty much, go with whatever you want. the chance of you actually stacking right onto your head whilst wearing it is quite low, so get one that is most comfortable for you
seriously, unless you have an excess of cash, helmets like the charlie are a luxury. yeah a charlie is pimp, and light, and I want one (bad). but I can chuck my drop in the back of a ute with the skateys and not have to be worried that it might get smashed, and it wont smash if I drop it out of the car as I'm pulling other gear out. they are just way more durable for everyday use.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service