ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

well just got home and realized that the stoke had over the weekend just gone needs sharing with everyone . for those that couldnt make the event or didint come you dont know what you missed........

everyone from all disiplines had a ball and there was just this awesome stoke between organisers , standup guys , luge and gravity bike guys . no shit goin down just us all against this damned amazing and demanding hill

hats off to everyone involved from JoshE and I and Id like to make special mention of Tyler for beating me to winning the Auction Luge then offering it back to me for half what he paid because he said it was supposed to be mine all the time (and all the other people that knew about that plan before hand.....)

oh and for those that dont know I tried the street luge for the first time on Saturday avo and by run 3 was thinking I was "in control" (haha short lived fantasy) but I am sure looking forward to riding it again next weekend

and also how awesome it was to see Andy flying on his new Gravity bike

Jump in on this thread and add your stoke  ; Dont make the mistake of not coming next year guys

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lance, I am glad you got the sled even though I was out bid, I expect you to bring it next time mate.

Also you and everyone else should be happy to hear that not only was the event a success and all disciplines had a great time, but the event itself has raised 10k plus for the charity, which in itself is awesome.

Riders from as far away as Western Australia turned up to ride this sweet, exciting and sometimes dangerous hill, but I bet every one left Sunday feeling happy and sore from all of the runs they had over this awesome weekend.

To everyone I met over the weekend you made this event the success it was, and I hope to see you again on Mt Stuart for BTB 2012.

So a BIG THANK YOU to all who showed up to BTB 2011, Riders, Marshalls, Officals (Joke) Officials, and Organisers.

Cheers

I can't agree more, was one awesome weekend, thanks you very much to all who helped out and contributed to the event. Especially Ado and the gang of course. definately haven't laughed so much in a long time.

such an awesome atmosphere..

cant wait till next year!

(already having withdrawal symptoms)

What a brilliant event, and a huge "ups" to everyone who was involved: The BTB Organising Committee, the Marshalls and drivers who were outstanding, the Sponsors who made it possible, Shane(amazing support, buddy), and especially the riders, who made the event and the atmosphere it was.

Personally, Brett Phillips and Pete Kullenberg, thank you so much for your help and advice, plus the brilliant runs!!!

Pete Hill and Jason Wright, those runs we did....I've never laughed so much at the end of a run....:) P.S. Jas, you can use me to stop anytime you want....lolololol.

Lance has a LUGE??

wicked! bring it to HC on Saturday!

yeh,awesome weekend,had forgotten how fun that hill is,...big thanx to the organisers,and good vibes amongst the riders.

was great to watch the crew dial it in better over the weekend ,much skill and experience was gained.

so many destroyed wheels and lances horse was amazing.

best skating weekend i have ever had!!! i wish i was still there skating that hill. such great fun to watch everyone go the hill faster and get faster myself!!! lots of close runs and feeling safe riding with nearly everyone!!! Aussie riders are the best!!!

most fun i've had in a long time, level of stoke was so insane that haggy nearly self combusted from excessive laughing. good vibes all round and so much progress made by everyone. sick hill, rad bunch of people and such sweet lemonade.

thanks to everyone that organised and helped out, both days ran like clockwork and you made alot of people very happy.

Big thanks to everyone that helped organise BTB11.  You guys did a tremendous job. 

This really is one of the best weekends of my skateboarding year.  It's the only weekend I skate as much.  And to boot, it's on a superduper hill that tests my abilities and keeps my heart rate up.

It was a great crew and I skated with a lot of different people I havn't ridden with before, very fun.

This weekend was also made significantly entertaining by the incorporation of a 'theme song'.  Thanks (or curses, depending on how you look at it!) to Lance for getting us hooked on the song and I look forward to Ash's video of Josh incorporating this catchy tune. 

This is the article from the local paper last Thursday. The TV News story was awesome and I am trying to get a copy to post on the BTB website.

Huge thanks to everyone who made it possible,the organising committee, the volunteers, the crew on the barbie, the coffee man, Shane Madeley who took a weeks holiday to help out (staunch all week), the sponsors (you want radios that work and work well? UHF Comms we had full comms for the whole weekend, want a ute that just keeps on giving? Get a BT50 they didn't miss a beat all weekend and they worked hard) and especially you guys who came from all over Oz and brought your stoke with you, you have made me want to start thinking about BTB 2012.

It looks as though we have raised about $12,000 for the Leukaemia Foundation and Chas and Erica pulled about $800 for the Cancer Council so probably better than 2011 (just a pity BHP isn't doubling it this year).

Thanks again everyone who came and helped and rode and laughed and laughed and laughed, to those who didn't come, start saving now for next year or you'll, again, miss out on the best fun you can have in public (;-)>

Cheers

Ado

Lance with his new board.
look out all you luge guys!!! lance is gonna be the new sheriff in town!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service