ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

so i want to go quick but be able to slide and still have wheels left. help? also check out our crew facey page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Port-Stephens-Longboarding/2091318357... cheers guys

Tags: best, downhill, fast, quick, race, slide, wheels

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i reckon go with the  mini monster, really good wheels

Dermott Pascoe said:

78a or 80a mini monsters

The reason Canniballs are getting so hyped is because they are apparently* as fast as reflex thane, and are very very very slow wearing

Yes venom cannibals, i have the blue ones, but they are fantastic wheels, i have ridden them for 3 months and they have been lasting so long, no flat spots :D
centrax
Like mike (no reference intended ;)) I too don't like buying wheels every week. Especially because I am the ultimate wheel destroyer. I guess I just want a wheel that will last forever but is super quick so I can overtake the bastards in my crew. On durains and they aren't that great for speed. For sliding they are hevan. But I want something fast. It seems like everyone is going with the venoms so I'm going with that next pay. Haven't used red wheels before so I think that's the pick yew thanks guys

Mike River said:
Interesting. The reason I never bothered with Otangs for racing, is because they lost their edges after one run. Where as one set of Bigzigs, or Cult wheels would last me several races. Personally I like my race wheels to last a long time, cos they are expensive.
the red ones arent as good for sliding if ya wanted to slide them
Blue ones then?

Aaron London said:
the red ones arent as good for sliding if ya wanted to slide them
yes, that is what i reccomend, i have shredded my sliding wheels till they are unrideable except my blue venom's, tighten them for sliding and loosen for dh and grip
78a 69mm yellow sector 9's. Rad wheel.

If you really want speed and durability, get yellow or orange zigzags for sure. You just cannot wear the buggers down.Unless you're pulling insane standies they won't flatspot.

It took me a while to get used to the slide on my orange zigs but once they fully broke in and lipped the slide is controlled and predictable.

Slippery dip pucks and Retro zigzags are the two most durable substances known to man....

Sector 9 raceforms. They are a rad wheel, grip when you need it, slide like butter after broken in, wear REALLY WELL.

apparently the white venoms are the best for freeride, but they are hard to find so go with the blues they are nice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service