ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I'm not going to buy new wheels for my setup which I am buying, so I will have a bit of extra money. Do you think it is worth buying Bear 1052s instead of Randals and dishing out the extra $50?

Also, with the bears, can you flip the hangar and change the amount it is wedged?

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bear 1052's mean its a 10mm axle.
This limits your choices of bearings.
Randal are 8mm (standard) axles and the choice of bearings for these are enormous.
reds only work on randals then right? sounds like randals to me lol.

How does that actual quality/ride compare?
you could just get bear 8/52's, for the record, 8 is the size of the axle, 52 is the degree of the baseplate, same goes for 1052, from memory, they're 55 degrees unflipped and 48 flipped i think, if you're looking for a DH truck, i'd probably go randal 180's with 42 degree baseplates, then use $30 to get venoms for it.

based on things i've read about the two btw, i haven't skated either.
WHOOPS!

OK scrub the 10mm axle bit, just compare the 8mm axle one with the randal. I didn't know the difference lol.

basically looking for the right truck for the hellcat to be able to go DH, freeride, Uparks.
im running bear 852's on my hellcat and flipped the rear hanger for the first time the other day. it lowers the board height about 1cm and makes a noticeable increase to the stability but decreases turning radius for DH. For free riding and carving you probably want to flip the top washer or they aren't particularly good with the stock pumpkin bushings. i have never used randals but im pretty happy with the bears.
ive been riding randal 180's on my hellcat with 50 degree baseplates and its sick for DH and freeriding... the board is low because its dropped through so you can run that sucker as loose as you want
apparently bears have an issue with the area around the bushing seat deteriorating?
a hellcat.

I wont be taking it up to 75 just yet lol. so i reckon a 50* baseplate will do the trick. Sounds like randal 50* will be good for the hellcat. Maybe some venom standards at the front and venom DH at the back. How does your pagan turn with DH bushings on front as well as back?

andre vanderkuur said:
im running 52 randals on my pagan jonty with red dh venoms front and green back flipped the hangers taken it up to 75 and was surprisingly stable however id reccomend the 42's what board are they going on?
if you put DH bushings front and back it will still be sick and responsive... just tighten up the back truck a little bit more for a bit more stability. That way it will be a lot easier to freeride on because you will have that feeling of symmetry to help you with stand up slides, and if you slide your board a 180 the front end (which is now at the back) wont be mega twitchy and throw you off before you can slide it back around. You just need to choose the bushings to suit your weight, im around 80k'g and i rock green barrels all round so if your say around 60-70 then go for the reds or a red/green top/bottom combo
i have 42 degree randals on my hellcat atm and its a dream. i've some white jimz in my back and with red khiro barrels in front and its an awesome freeride/dh setup. waiting for the venom elims to get in and play around with my setup some more.

Jonty said:
a hellcat.

I wont be taking it up to 75 just yet lol. so i reckon a 50* baseplate will do the trick. Sounds like randal 50* will be good for the hellcat. Maybe some venom standards at the front and venom DH at the back. How does your pagan turn with DH bushings on front as well as back?

andre vanderkuur said:
im running 52 randals on my pagan jonty with red dh venoms front and green back flipped the hangers taken it up to 75 and was surprisingly stable however id reccomend the 42's what board are they going on?
Jonty go for 42 randals and red DH venoms all round for your weight. Like jacko said if u want more or less responsiveness in front or back truck then use a skate tool to change that. If you are wanting the board to be super stable just put the stock randal bushing back in and just tighten them right up.

At least someone will now be rocking a hellcat in SA.
the vemon bushings will be more stable than the stock randal bushings... the stock randals are two conical bushings, one tall (bottom bushing) and the venom DHs are double barrels...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service